PDA

View Full Version : $40,000 Bill Hendren Memorial Set for FASTRAK at Cleveland County Speedway

FASTRAKPR
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
$40,000 Bill Hendren Memorial Set for FASTRAK at Cleveland County

Lawndale, North Carolina – The Bill Hendren and Hendren Racing Engines Family in conjunction with the FASTRAK Racing Series and Cleveland County Speedway are proud to announce full details of the Bill Hendren Memorial set for this Friday night, September 16th. After many hours of work and countless donations from the racing industry the Bill Hendren Memorial now packs more than $40,000 in cash and prizes for FASTRAK SE/ME Region Touring racers. Hendren’s son Steve is amazed by the outpouring of support for the event. “We have been absolutely overwhelmed by the response to this event. We have had about 3 weeks to get this thing together and I am amazed by all the people that have stepped up and gave us money and product to give away. It has always been our intent to try to get enough to make sure that every racer leaves with something. We have done that and then some thanks to everyone’s generousity. We are already looking towards next year too. We had people who wanted to participate but simply couldn’t because of the time frame. So we are very excited about next year and making this thing even bigger. We want to thank everyone who has come on to help us it is more than I ever expected.” said Steve Hendren

The event will be headlined by a 40-lap feature for the FASTRAK SE/ME Touring Series. The feature alone holds close to $34,000 in awards including purse, prizes and lap money. With all prizes and awards the feature will pay a minimum of $700 to start the 24-car field. The Bill Hendren Memorial will also feature a $1000 / 4-lap “Dash for Cash” among the top 4 fastest qualifiers. For those drivers not making the A-Main, there will be at least one 12-lap non-qualifiers race which boasts cash and prize awards totaling more the $7000 making the total purse for the event well over $40,000. “Bill Hendren was certainly a big part of the success of FASTRAK. He was always at National Tech meetings at our banquets. He helped train tech people within the FASTRAK system and was instrumental in the development of our 750 HP Super Late Model spec engine. Bill was always on the internet helping people with engine tech and issues. I am honored that Ms. Hendren, Steve and Mike would allow us to do this event. I truly look forward to it. Fans need to be there and bring a chair just in case the stands are full.” said FASTRAK Founder and President Stan Lester.

The Bill Hendren Memorial will also provide a “paid test session” for the FASTRAK Southeast and Mid-East Touring drivers as they will open the $250,000 FASTRAK Grand Nationals at Cleveland County Speedway on October 7th and 8th. David Smith currently leads the FASTRAK SE/ME point standings and he is excited about the event. “I tell you what I am looking forward to it. Bill has helped me throughout my career and I couldn’t be happier about being involved with the race. I have raced with Steve a lot over the years. Bill did my motors when I first got into crate racing and he helped me with me super program a few times. We have always had a good association. Everybody really liked Bill and this is going to be a great tribute to him. We are glad to contribute a little from High Bridge Automotive to help. I think we will have a really good car count given all the money and prizes that are available. I believe I read they have around 50 cars committed. It’s hard to go to a race and miss the show and go home with nothing. An event like this a guy can go and have a little confidence that he is not going to leave the track empty handed. And with how things are today that makes a lot of difference it getting to these races. I think this is going to be a big event, probably the biggest we have seen in the Carolinas in quite a while.” Smith said.

Cleveland County Speedway and Motorsports Complex is located at 248 Old Stagecoach Road in Lawndale, North Carolina 28090. For more information on directions and tickets you can visit www.clevelandcountyspeedway.com or call GM Tami Mullis at (704) 538-7070. For information on the FASTRAK Racing Series including rules and a complete schedule visit www.fastrakracing.com or call the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304.

Partners of the FASTRAK Racing Series include: Hoosier Racing Tires, GM Performance Parts, City Chevrolet, VP Racing Fuels, NOS Energy Drink, Shell Racing Solutions, Old Man’s Garage, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, RockAuto, FK Rod Ends, Longhorn Chassis, Velocita, and Beyea Headers. To become a partner with the FASTRAK Racing Series, please call 678-935-7304

Upcoming FASTRAK SE/ME Touring Events:

September 16 – Cleveland County Speedway – Lawndale, NC - $4000 Bill Hendren Memorial
September 24 – Wythe Raceway – Rural Retreat, VA - $3000 Dirt Late Model Super Nationals Finale’
October 7 and 8 – Cleveland County Speedway – Lawndale, NC – Grand Nationals Night #1
October 20, 21 and 22 – Volunteer Speedway – Bulls Gap, TN – Grand Nationals Nights #2 and 3