PDA

View Full Version : best swingarm mod ?

oldschoolmod
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
looking at getting a swingarm car, I know GRT builds one. but who build a good one with good setup help ? not looking for a 4 bar car.
really looking for swing arm.

washeduptoo
09-12-2011, 03:23 PM
If your buying used, call the chassis builder 1st and see what kind of help he will be. Lighnting built a good swing arm car, give him a call, Don Adams 606 878=7223 .

JustAddDirt
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
If your buying used, call the chassis builder 1st and see what kind of help he will be. Lighnting built a good swing arm car, give him a call, Don Adams 606 878=7223 .

Donnie built a great swingarm car!!!!!

1Blacksheep
09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Randle Sweeny was kickin tail in a Nullynski Swingarm car. Not many built as its a small company. Bryce Jewell had a used one or 2.Call Mike Null, Wentzville Missouri ,636-332-9337. Or CJ Rayburn is all over the Swingarm deal but has not really takin off in mods (I'd still get one,2nd choice). Didn't know Lightning made swing ,but sure you could not go wrong there either. I think J -cars are swing as well as American if they still exist. Jimmy Owens Loose Gruff work the swing if you can get your hands on 1. Long rear bars are the most forgiving.

racin6mod
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
racemart built a very good swingarm chassis.basicly a rayburn lm with a chevelle front clip they won alot around here . a guy just down the street has one he'll sell at the end of the season(about 3 weeks) he's done very well in it and just want's to try a 4 link car instead.

oldschoolmod
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
thanks for all the info. The key for me is to find a chassis builder that has good setup info for running the swing arm...not just someone that says slap some swing arms on the car and give it a try. there are so many chassis out there that will go 4 swing etc, so key for is me is straight swing arm

dirttrackrocker
09-12-2011, 08:08 PM
thanks for all the info. The key for me is to find a chassis builder that has good setup info for running the swing arm...not just someone that says slap some swing arms on the car and give it a try. there are so many chassis out there that will go 4 swing etc, so key for is me is straight swing arm

Jet made a good swing arm car. Theres a decent used chassis on their sight. I've never dealt with them, but, their website is one of the most informative there is..

chapa9
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
give Eddie Martin a call. I have a Eddie Martin car on a swing arm and love it.

bigchiefracingchassis.com

Dustejr73
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
call Don at Lightning, i have an 08 Lightning swingarm car and have won with it many times out west. it is the most stable car i have ever driven.

35smod
09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Lightning hands down Don is very helpful and their cars are fast and very easy to drive

oldschoolmod
09-14-2011, 04:48 AM
looked at older lightning..but have a couple of questions....looks like springs used to go on weight jacks on frame and on top of swing arm.

What about newer cars do they use coil over kit and on swing arm instead of weightjack in the frame ?

pink floyd
09-14-2011, 05:26 AM
this is an easy one, lightning, call don adams.

Dustejr73
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Don will do whatever you want, I went with screwjacks on my 08 Lightning for ease of maintence, it is the easiest car to adjust with this setup. my new one will be coilover elim, with adjustable mounts, the new elims are so good i trust them almost as much as screwjacks.

ghostpatrolmod
09-14-2011, 06:40 PM
whats the story on running swing arm setup on dry slick...couple of racers told me that its tough to gt swing arm to work on dry slick track.....

ironmover
09-14-2011, 10:24 PM
You need to talk the Rayburn - His new mods are kick ass on the slick. We are running a couple of them and we are doing great with them.

Racerguy27
09-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I have a Rayburn mod that I built with CJ this winter and love it. We just keep getting faster. Also he will put on whatever rear susp you want. There is a wealth of info that one can get from that shop and prices are great to. FYI metric clip, cj design front suspension and I can tell you the turning is great. Mitch