PDA

View Full Version : 4 bar set up.. needs ideas.

papa
09-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Are some teams still running the dummy behind with a gas shock on front on lr behind? ive been running that setup for 2 years now and wondering what other teams are trying now. chassis builder wants to try a 8/2 behind with a gas shock on front.100psi. what you guys think??
what are teams running now with the 4bar behind??

rubbinsracin
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
the setup your chassis builder wants to try is similar to what we run on our late model. we run a 9-3 behind with the spring of choice and a gas shock on the LRF with 125 psi. it will keep the car up on the bars if you have to get out of the throttle and will help in the slick as well.

papa
09-13-2011, 07:08 PM
i think i got 70psi in my front shock! just thinking that 8/2 behind with gas in front would be thight. whats the norm for the spring behind. i was running spring with dummy shock behind. car work pretty good. what can i expect with this new setup?

35smod
09-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I am running that set up on my car dummy with spring behind spring in front I am on custom built bilsteins I run anywhere between 90 and 210 in the shock love easy to keep on the bars even on the slow dry slick tracks and able to adjust it to tame it down on a heavy fast track you have a lot of quick adjustment with this setup over slot of others

texas racer
09-15-2011, 09:13 PM
They do not say anything about runing two shocks on the left rear. I got busted for runing a dummy shock on the left rear, one shock per wheel is what we have to go run.