PDA

View Full Version : Shaw kit vs. Shaw roller

hockey3266
09-14-2011, 11:38 AM
What's really the difference.....,. quality of parts? missing parts? chassis not the same? Can some one help me out because you can buy 2 kits for the price of a nice roller?

TeamGRT12x
09-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Kit only has the essential parts to build a roller. Does not include fuel cell, brake lines, fuel lines and fittings, brake calipers and pads, battery cables, seat, belts, shifter, pedals, gauges, switches... You get the point.

hockey3266
09-14-2011, 09:55 PM
So when it all sd and done for witch one do u save money in? Roller or kit plus all the other parts

cavemod
09-14-2011, 10:31 PM
A kit is just that a bunch of parts you assemble into a roller.the reason why a roller is more is because your paying someones labor to assemble it.Your fabricating skills and equipment available to you should determine which you choose to buy.If your new to mods buy the roller if you have experience buy the kit cuz you might want different birdcages or a smaller fuel cell etc.etc.etc.The frames are the same (usually)

TALON75
09-14-2011, 11:26 PM
The Kit is really for someone that has a modified already and wants to update to a new Shaw . I have had the experience of finishing both a roller and a kit . The roller was nice to have assembled but still required about a weeks worth of work to get race ready, if you do order a roller be real specific on what you want . The good thing about the roller is that the important things are in the proper place(rod lengths, birdcage location,j-bar,pullbar, ect...). The kit took all of two weeks to build, but everything was how i wanted it to be(and wasn't specific enough when ordered the roller), and it was good experience to have to make all the "important things" right on my own without it being done for you . Truthfully, if you can afford it( and I mean afford, not scrape together enough money!) then the roller is the way to go, otherwise you can save some money and build it yourself, it will nickle and dime you death so be prepared and order parts carefully . Good Luck .

hockey3266
09-15-2011, 12:23 AM
2 things are the parts that Come in the kit nice or low dollar parts Also 9in or Qc? Roughly about how much u think you save with getting the kit with top of line parts or do u not really save that much between the 2?

washeduptoo
09-15-2011, 07:46 AM
It usually cost 1500- 2000 for labor on a roller and usually the kit doesn't have a qc in the price, a 9in usually. I think it has a list on the Shaw site what comes with it. I think the quality of the parts are the same in the kit and roller, unless you upgrade some things. Call and talk to them to get the scoop.Good luck.