PDA

View Full Version : Larry Shaw Late Model and Etras For Sale

SteveHansen06
09-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I am cleaning out my sheds and nee to move this stuff.

First is a 1997 Larry Shaw. I bought the car several yeas ago and raced it three times. When I bought it the car had been updated in 2001 and no longer has the serial number on it not sure why but was done nicely. I had ball joint break and I caught the wall and the frame has a dimple from the shock on the right front. There are a couple of minor areas that need fixing but the car is fast and would make a great starter car. I have not gone through the car with a fine tooth comb and stress that the new owner do so of you plan on racing this frame.

It has a BRT rack – a magnesium Winters rear end that was painted black by the previous owner - there is a small crack by one of the bolt holes on the right hand axle tube - I ran it this way with no problem but have a used replacement bell. The car has a 22 gallon fuel cell with good foam and a roll over flap. It has threaded body Pro and Carrera shocks - fuel line & filter – engine mounts - it has a sixth coil set up - the left rear has he brake floated with a nice set od bird cages.

After wrecking the car I got a heck of a deal on a GRT copy frame. The idea was if the Larry Shaw was toast I would transfer everything ofer to the GRT. The GRT frame is copied after chassis number 1749. The chassis was updated to a 2005 and has never been bent. It has the brake lines with it as well as the right door bar support. The front bumper is not that great but usable. There are enough interior and exterior body parts for templates that go with the GRT Copy car.

With these cars goes the following - there are several different lengths, manufactures and poundage of springs some newer some older - a set of used shocker axle dampeners that appear to be fine I never used them – 4 MSD boxes that need sent in for repair - right and left TMW bird cages - Woodward rack with slave and two servos (need rebuilt) - three ladder bars – 1 wide five hub with rotor - extra rotors that are usable - GM Mini starter that was used three times before we went to dry sump and rear mounted starters - there is a new Bert style starter that would not work on my system – four to five decent 12 inch rims - there are currently tires on the rims but they do not go - extra oil and temp gauges - there are 6 upper and four lowers control arms - complete steering shaft with heim - seat with Butler cover and Kirkey Head rest (not sure on the seat size but believe it is like a 16 or 17) and there is one new white Monte Carlo dirt late model and a used blue Pontiac nose and flaps.

Hopefully this helps with what I have for extra parts. I am sure I will have more but as I stated I need this stuff gone. I have pictures of the cars if anyone wants to take a look.

I will answer the questions at shanse43@gmail.com

I am asking 2500.00 or best offer.

Thank you

Steve