PDA

View Full Version : bwrc ride heights

EAMShater
09-15-2011, 01:32 PM
i got an 09 bwrc car and the standard ride heights are 3 3/4 lf 3 1/2 rf and 13 on the rr. i heard from someone recently that is pretty close to barry that they had changed it. lowerd the front a half inch and the rr 3/8ths. which would be 3 1/4 lf, 3 rf and 12 5/8ths rr. just wanting some feedback on if anyone else has heard this. after i heard it it did make sense thats why the new nose rack was so much higher that i got about halfway through the season and why the new cars have the brackets on the frame horns on the rf for he nose racks turned sideways instead of up and down so there is a piece sticking down. i checked the angle of the lower on the rf at the old measurement and its an even one degree downhill to the motor and at the new height its almost 4 which i have heard anything over a half is really too much... any info on this would be appreciated.. i do have a problem getting the car to rotate on entry so this may be there fix. idk.. i have yet to try it..

dchamp3
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
We have a 2010 and the ride heights are 3 1/2 front, 13 3/4 lr , 12 3/4 rr the problem we have is on real heavy or rough tracks the rf strut bar and frame rail drags bad just about flipped it twice so we raised the ride heights a 1/4 and it helped, has anybody else had this problem with his cars?

EAMShater
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Cut the nose rack mount off the rf and then it sideways. The new noseracks are made to go on either way and you can just cut the piece off that hangs down if you have the bracket on sideways. I figured out why they did that when I learned about the lower ride heights. Do that and it should solve it. Bit I also have a dedicated bumper that I run all the time time keep the nose from digging in the ground. It rides perfectly when it gets to it and never folds the front end. But I run a standard spring. Just have the bump as a precaution. I personally don't like bump stops and soft springs. Too twitchy......

dchamp3
09-17-2011, 07:37 AM
My driver likes to run a 375 on the rf and dosen't like the bump stops he won't run them for the same reason.

EAMShater
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM
yes i run a 350 on the rf 450 lf with a 225 rr and 200 lr. i am going to try it out with the new ride heights in a few weeks at the alabama state race. eams is where i have the most problems with the car getting it to turn. hopefully lowering the lf ride height will help the car rotate a little better on entry. this and the national are the only two races i run there each year tho even tho i live 2 miles and they pay more than anywhere else... as my name suggests lol. car works great at every other track i've been to with it. just give me problems there. it was way too much forward drive for a crate motor at that place and i cant find a way to keep the lr from shoving the rf off the track.

dchamp3
09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
We run 550 lf 375 rf 200 lr 250 rr on the super late, why don't you try a 225 lr that will free the car up some and help getting off, try the new ride heights if it doesn't work try the 225.