PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Deery Show - track conditions???

dirthawk
09-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Just curious about the track conditions at Davenport fotr the IMCA late model show last SUnday. It's been a long time since there has been any racing on the 1/2 mile track. Was it any good? I still hold out hope that we could see a touring race there some time in the future.

MUD MAESTRO
09-16-2011, 09:27 PM
track was smooth but a bit dry and narrow. It did however lend itself for some good racing. Yes, a touring series would be a great fit foe Davenport. The crowd at Davenport was huge and believe the reopening of the half mile played a big part of fan interest. By the way....I'm convinced Davenport is much larger than a half mile, most likely a 5/8 mile track.

BirkyTime15B
09-17-2011, 10:22 AM
This is from several years ago, but I'm also a big fan of sprint car racing. When the now "defunct" NST sprint car tour rolled into town maybe 4 or 5 years ago, the drivers in the pits and everyone there said the track was definately bigger than knoxville and was definately a 5/8 mile track. Also...I would travel from phoenix to davenport to see a "Touring" race on the big track again. I think it would do pretty well with the right advertising and taking advantage of certain "Cheap" social media outlets. But that's all coming from a guy that can only hope to one day be a promoter.

dirthawk
09-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. I wanted to go but just got home from the World 100 earlier in the day. My kitchen pass was all used up. Happy to hear there was a good crowd. Mabye the success of this show will spur some additional activity next year???