PDA

View Full Version : recycle bin

bins1000
09-17-2011, 06:14 AM
We do our best to collect as many items as possible from our homes , in our daily lives, for recycling purposes. With that in mind, we keep a large blue recycle bin in our kitchen for that very purpose.
However, not everyone in our family is as diligent about recycling and clearing to make more space, as my husband is. We secretly call him the 'Recycling Nazi'. He rules our recycling with an iron fist. Woe to the person who mistakenly throws an non-recyclable into recycle bin! My husband will hunt that person down and they will most certainly pay - getting a long lecture about Making Space at home and taking the time to differentiate between items and how irresponsible it is to throw just any old thing into the recycling bin.
Of course in line with his commitment to recycling, he is also the one tasked with the responsibility of dragging the recycle bin out to the curb and retrieving them again, once the contents have been collected. Again, it seems my husband is the only one truly committed to the recycling schedule to make space at home . The collectors have a very hit-and-miss approach to gathering from the blue bins and they'll often come earlier than scheduled or not at all. This sets my husband to scrambling trying to get our bin to the curb before the truck leaves, or conversely grumbling to himself, when our recycle bin sits at the curb uncollected for days on end.
Of course, my husbands efforts are well-placed, and no one can slag him for his commitment to the environment. In fact, all of us should really take a lesson from him. I'm sure if we all worked together, it would make the entire process run more smoothly for everyone involved. Unfortunately, today's pace of life is so hectic. Whether at home, work or school, many people barely have time to make space at home, let alone to take the time to sort through their recyclables and place them in the properly labeled recycle bin. However, if we can all try to think more long term, and think about where our planet will be in a few years from now, it just might make squeeze in a little extra time in our day for recycling.
We all have made more of an effort recently to make space at home. My husband has given us several reminders about what is recyclable and what is really just garbage. He's also given us lesson on giving containers a quick rinse before placing them in the recycle bin and cautioned us about removing any sharp edges on our containers. Every little bit helps, and feel that we are making some positive improvement in doing our part for the planet.

we live in world where everything is perishable and whatever we do is not permanent. Our tendency is to control everything around us. Very few of us know that Microsoft decided to keep this concept in its very less known feature of its Operating Systems which is known as Recycle Bin. In this nothing you erase is actually erased and you can get back erased stuff. Sounds interesting right! Let us know what technical support experts have to say.
People hardly talk about Recycle Bin but it is an important feature of an Operating System. Recycle Bin is a folder where Windows stores data. You can try imagining a folder named as" Big Red Garbage Can" and in this folder you store all your favorite movies. This is almost what ‘Recycle Bin' is all about. It is like you would move your favorite movies from ‘My videos' directory ‘My music' directory. What you probably do not know is the process through which Windows deletes the files. When you decide that you do not need a particular file, you most likely select it and press delete. At this time the file is sent to the Recycle Bin and the system restores the ‘erased files' with their names changed and the names that you cannot see. Besides all these the system creates a system file known as info. This info file plus the erased files, tell the system the original names of the file and the exact location before it was deleted.
Most of us wonder what to do with this special folder. Once we delete anything we never want to find it ever. After some day you realize that you want this file back and this is the time when you need Recycle Bin. If this is compared to MS- Dos then Recycle Bin application has two advantages. In MS- DOS when you want to delete a file you need to use the command DEL or for folders RD. You should know that a deleted file in MS- DOS is deleted forever. Without special recovery software you will not be able to retrieve that. Now you do not have to feel sad because Windows Vista has special feature that prevents accidental loss of data which is known as Volume Shadow Copy. Here Recycle Bin is not enough. Previous version of the file is added in the system. What it does is very simple to explain, it takes the snapshot of previous file and folder and when you modify it, the previous version is still there, just incase you need it.
Even tech support experts say that in Windows XP, ‘Recycle Bin' is needed. Any file or folder has two chances here either it is restored back to its original place or erased definitely. Well that is still not all. With special software you can still undelete the deleted files. You can recover anything that you thought was lost. Only a computer geek can do this but an average user fails to do this. Even if you are formatting the drive, all the files are still there. Every time you press delete, Windows crosses down the beginning of the file on the hard-disk so Windows thinks that it has free space. Windows overwrites files after files as many times you delete the data from a specific hard drive location.

recycle bin (http://buychoice.com/vendor.cfm/4033)
recycle bins (http://buychoice.com/vendor.cfm/4033)