PDA

View Full Version : Rearend toed out

TeamTerminator
09-18-2011, 02:19 PM
How much can rearend be bent before it affects handling of the car. Measured rearend on the tires. The LR is toed out a 1/4". The axles pulls out just fine without a axle puller. I have spare rearend to put in. just wondering if that much toed out would affect the handling of the car.

Egoracing
09-18-2011, 03:46 PM
How much can rearend be bent before it affects handling of the car. Measured rearend on the tires. The LR is toed out a 1/4". The axles pulls out just fine without a axle puller. I have spare rearend to put in. just wondering if that much toed out would affect the handling of the car.

I would measure it with straight edges on the hub face and not on the tires, then see how far it is out.

cvra
09-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I agree with Ego on this one. Never measure off tires or rims, but I want to add something to his response. Once you have measured off the face of the hubs rotate one of them and remeasure to make sure you're not measuring off a tweaked hub.

Egoracing
09-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I agree with Ego on this one. Never measure off tires or rims, but I want to add something to his response. Once you have measured off the face of the hubs rotate one of them and remeasure to make sure you're not measuring off a tweaked hub.

Very good info! Sometimes we do things without thinking about it. I always try to measure at 4 points around the hub or at least front and bottom to check for differences.

stock car driver
09-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Dave I bolt on NEW wheels and measure in 4 spots to check a rear. I suspect if your axles come out easy its not bent though, Ive never had axles come out easily on a bent floater..

Is your spare the one you got from me or are you measuring mine? The one I sold you was supposed to only be 3 total nights old. Ive got a jnj floater here for 800 complete if you want to try it? Its a ultra light housing from terminator that I jigged.

jj

TeamTerminator
09-18-2011, 10:34 PM
ill check it without wheels this week. I still got the one from you jeff sitting on floor. Was just checking weather 1/4" was enough to cause a handling problem. If it was id have time to swap out the rearends.

Jeff, Hows the car work after u changed upper a arm mounts?

stock car driver
09-19-2011, 07:36 AM
ill check it without wheels this week. I still got the one from you jeff sitting on floor. Was just checking weather 1/4" was enough to cause a handling problem. If it was id have time to swap out the rearends.

Jeff, Hows the car work after u changed upper a arm mounts?

Any amount of bend is enough for me to not use a housing...

It steers much much better, very big difference in stability and getting on the front tires and turning.

I made mounts and moved 180 fwd behind the main cage Saturday and that made another huge improvement. I think the car is good now. I moved that weight fwd 24 inches and down 1 inch. 51.5 rear and left no driver.

Graff Spee
09-22-2011, 12:32 AM
If you run steel tubes you can fix it with a torch and a water hose.