PDA

View Full Version : new quickchange to thermal coat or not

ebm94
09-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Ordering a new quick change and wanted to know if i should order with or without thermal coating!!!! What are the benefits for the extra cost! thanks

CHUMBA
09-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Its paint! buy a can of paint and paint it!

fox1162002
09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Pretty much. Get dupli color truck bed coating in a spray can works great and looks like thermal coating. I've got pics ill try and post of some I've done for people.

racin29
09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Doesn't painting the center section prevent cooling got one I would like to but have been scared to because of this if it's not a problem would love to know

Egoracing
09-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Doesn't painting the center section prevent cooling got one I would like to but have been scared to because of this if it's not a problem would love to know

Yes paint will hold in heat. If everything is good then it will live if something goes slightly wrong you may cook it. On asphalt in the Hooters series I saw them fail if painted at races over 100 laps but on dirt??? The asphalt rears used steel tubes, aluminum tubes help cool the center better than the steel. Keep it clean and change the fluid and use synthetic and you will more than likley never have an issue. I can tell you thought that the factory coating keeps them about 50-75 degrees cooler than a non coated unit.

CHUMBA
09-23-2011, 01:49 PM
How many heat related problems have you seen on dirt late model rear end, these companys are in business to make money! it looks cool if you want to look cool , save some money and paint it. Buy tires with the money you save, if you arent worried about cool, dont paint and buy tires and fuel to get to the track. we went the cool route and havent had any problems in 4 years!

Egoracing
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
How many heat related problems have you seen on dirt late model rear end, these companys are in business to make money! it looks cool if you want to look cool , save some money and paint it. Buy tires with the money you save, if you arent worried about cool, dont paint and buy tires and fuel to get to the track. we went the cool route and havent had any problems in 4 years!

I would be more apt to buy it of the teflon coated it so dirt would not stick!!!