PDA

View Full Version : Pull Bar Mount

bpowell
09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Want to put a pull bar in my car over the winter,
was wondering how far forward to have front mount from rear end?
also has anyone ever put a pull bar on a Rocket chassis?
and which pull bar assembly is the best/
Thanks

not clamped up
09-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Have used this stuff on several cars.Speedway motors prices are as good as anywhere else.On the pullbar mount they also make it to fit a 9 inch ford.The front hole is 4 inches ahead of center line the back hole(if I remember right) is axle centerline.Brian Ruhlman builds a rocket modified and his new stuff has the pullbar option,thats who I would be callin.

dirttrackrocker
09-20-2011, 08:59 AM
There is no set rule that I know of for where the front pull bar mount should be on the chassis. Keep in mind that the longer the pull bar is, the longer it takes to hook up but, keeps traction longer. The shorter ones hook up quicker, but don't hold it as long.

hammond
09-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I build pull bar mounts for both 9" fords and quick changes . My mounts have 28 holes for adjustment in them letting you go 2,3,4,5" in front of axle line .check out my website www.hammondmotorsports.com .

dirttrackrocker
09-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Guys... Read the question. He asked about putting a pull bar mount on the chassis...

not clamped up
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Guys... Read the question. He asked about putting a pull bar mount on the chassis...
rocker you are correct I musta been pre occupied when I read that but I would give Ruhlman a call he may sell you what you need,personally I prefer the longer mount by the drive shaft loop.

bpowell
09-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info.i will give Ruhlmans a call.

latemodel61
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
we sell lots of chassis mounts for mods and lates for pull bars, 4 link, etc. check us out at www.aa-mfg.com
thanks. jim