PDA

View Full Version : New front clip rule

JDracing57
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I have noticed that many of the new cars at my track have the right side frame rail cut off at the back of the block +/- but when I look at the IMCA/UMP rules it says it cant be cut any farther than 36 inches in front of the rear centerline. What am I missing?

Thanks

powerslide
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I have noticed that many of the new cars at my track have the right side frame rail cut off at the back of the block +/- but when I look at the IMCA/UMP rules it says it cant be cut any farther than 36 inches in front of the rear centerline. What am I missing?

Thanks

believe ump changed the rule.
IMCA is the same as it always has been and USMTS similar to IMCA here is USMTS
6.1 Factory production complete full 1960 or newer parallel American passenger car frames only. Frames may be cut in rear only at a point not further than thirty-six (36) inches from center of rear end housing.
6.2 May only be altered for the installation of springs and shocks.
6.3 All components must be made of steel and be properly welded.
6.4 Must be full and complete on both sides, may not be widened or narrowed and must be able to support roll cage on both sides.
6.5 Minimum height from ground is four (4) inches (Exception: front cross member may be notched for radiator clearance only). Right front frame rail must be a maximum of seven and one-quarter (7¼) inches above the ground.