PDA

View Full Version : 2005 roundtube floating X GRT???

hobbyracerbn2
09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I have done about everything to make this car loose...I know we are goin to try to make the percentages a little better than what it was,maybe thinkin that would make it better..car had about 55 left...51 rear...I know in the grt book it calls for 52.5 left and 55 rear..close as we could get was 54.46 left 52.67 rear...I dont know if there is maybe a different baseline setup for these cars or what?? but i can give u the setup we have and see what u think about it and seee what i could do to make this car more loose and more changeable during trck conditions..I mean we have went from max out on the bars to make it loose moved the j-bar from all the way down on pinion up to 3 to 4 notches...went to a stack on lr???? i dont know i just want this car loose and work from there... here is the setup

springs LF.450 RF.375
LR.stack 400 small spring with a 14'200lbs RR.250

Shocks LF.75 RF.76
LR.6.2 RR.94 123 lbs of bite... Car is a steel head

Left.54.46% Rear.52.67% Car is weighing 2410 i can weigh at 2350..thats with me in the car and with 20 gallons of fuel..

rubbinsracin
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
well your left side % is to high and your rear % is to low. you need to get those close to the base numbers. we fought this at the beginning of the year. we ended up moving our batter from behind the driver seat over the LR tire to the right rear area. we also moved the fuel cell from the far left to the right about 5" and hung a piece of lead over the rr tire. another thing we did was move the weight that was just to the right of the driver as far back on the center part of the frame as we could. we ended up with about 52.5 LS% and we went all the way up to 56% on the rear %

hobbyracerbn2
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
well it had a pc of weight that was 51 lbs bolted on the x bar to the far pass side..we raised that pc up on the top bar below the deck metal,didnt seem it did that much...Then we had a 33 lbs pc that we bolted behind the rearend on the left side in front of fue cell..to try to get some rear weight...I dont want to put on more weigh tan what i should..dont want to get to heavy....after we done that thats what we got...I just dont know how much of weigh to get it and where would u put it to make a big difference???But i can move my battery box to the right side and i could probably move the fuel cell over a few inches...

Matt49
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Everything that you are doing is making the car tighter.
Less left side weight will make the car tighter
More rear weight will make the car tighter
Raising weight will make the car tighter

Is the car tight on entry?
If so, try a 225 RR spring.
Where do you have your weight mounted now? If it's too high and you've got your j-bar too low on the pinion side, this coud be causing you a lot of problems. Especially with the 250 on the RR.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Get back to the basics on your percents, bar locations, j bar location, etc. Make sure all your shocks are springs are good. Make sure your brakes are set the way you think they are and that all 4 are working. Make sure if you have smaller piston calipers anywhere that they are on the right.

Put a 250# spring on the lr and a 225# on the rr. Tell me it won't turn on entry.

grt74
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
put j bar 1 up from bottom on pinion,set bars at 16 1/2 inches on the top lr and 14 1/2 on the bottom,rr bars 17 top 15 bottom,rear% with hard tires(im guessing)54to 55%,if the car wont turn in go up on the left side% until it feels good but if the cars starts to skate back off a little,rr spring will have a big entry effect along with the rr bottom bar,raise the rr top bar if its to tight on exit(this is an on the gas adjustment)and also these cars love stagger start at 5 inches.pm me if you want more but with a grt it can be a little tricky to get it freed up sometimes expecially on soft tires,with everything here it should free you up im guessing maybe a little to much but it sould turn with out a problem like this

dchamp3
09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Pair of 225's across the rear

hobbyracerbn2
09-23-2011, 10:28 AM
i was just wantin to get percentages close to grt specs....i was just tryin to get the car to rotate quicker but also be a little looser than it is now...I have got about 3/4 lead about 5'stagger.

racin29
09-23-2011, 11:44 AM
if you want to get your percentages right then move your weight that is in the car you got 80-85# of hung weight you talked about but they are mounted in the wrong spots for rear and less left percent move them dont add more.