PDA

View Full Version : Scott James Triumphant in Season Championship at Florence; Preps for Jackson 100!

DelphComm
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 21, 2011

Scott James Triumphant in Season Championship at Florence; Preps for Jackson 100!

(BRIGHT, INDIANA) The "Silver Shark" Scott James nabbed his fifth victory of the 2011 racing season and his third at the Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky on Saturday night, September 17! The Season Championship race at the Cincinnati area speedplant took place on Saturday and a $2,000 top prize was up for grabs.

Scott won his heat race in preliminary action and later started the 35-lap main event from the pole position. The Bright, Indiana ace grabbed the lead at the drop of the green flag and lapped up to the fourth spot en route to the wire-to-wire win. Scott picked up the commanding $2,000 victory over Josh Williams, Terry Lanigan, David Spille, and John Gill. Full results from Florence can be viewed online at www.florencespeedway.com.

“Our car was a rocketship all night at Florence and I have to thank my whole crew for their help and support,” commented James following the victory. “We have really been pretty good the last several weekends, but we didn’t get the finishes to show for it at Portsmouth and Eldora. This upcoming weekend is another big race for us, the Jackson 100, and I want to win that thing really bad. Hopefully, I can get timed in good, start up front, and see what happens on Saturday night!”

Next up for the #81 Riggs Motorsports team will be the 32nd Annual ‘Jackson 100’ at the legendary Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana on September 23-24. Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series time trials will headline Friday’s portion of the two-day program, while the heat races, consolation events, and the ‘Jackson 100’ will be held on Saturday evening at the 1/4-mile, semi-banked fairgrounds oval. The winner of the 100-lapper on Saturday will receive $20,000, while the mega-event will pay $1,200 just to start. Additional information on the huge weekend at Brownstown can be found by pointing your web browser to www.lucasdirt.com.

Scott James and the Riggs Motorsports team would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: Clearwave Communications, Murphy Motorsports, JFR Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, A-1 Technologies, Bert Transmission, Beyea Headers, Braswell Carburetion, Dan Olson Racing Products, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Goodridge, GW Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Sweet Mfg., VP Race Fuels, Weld Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Engineering.

Keep up with the “Silver Shark” Scott James all year long by accessing his official home on the Internet located at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com (http://www.delphcommunications.com)