PDA

View Full Version : Getting heat in A or H tire

71mjr40
09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
We have always had trouble keeping or getting a H or A to fire quickly. We have a Pierce 4 bar Z link set up. We have tried all kinds of rear weights, high right and high left. We are really fast once the tire fires but can't get it soon enough if we start on the front row. Does anyone have any good fixes for this? We can't determine whether it is the driving style or something else. We have raced this class for years now and it sure is getting to be a problem that we can't afford.

Flyin Iowan
09-24-2011, 01:45 PM
do rules allow siping the tires? This helps alot. If not then my guess is that your running against treated tires

71mjr40
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM
We do sipe our tires now. Of course some people have new tires every race which may help. Don't know if they are using softner or how much good that will do. On a long race we can make up the difference, but on a short race, you're out of luck. Maybe we just don't spin the tires hard enough to build up the heat.

Flyin Iowan
09-25-2011, 01:28 PM
is it just on restarts or the original start to? I start getting heat in my tires as soon as i pull on the track. and under cautions i keep weaving back and forth so the tires dont cool off...once the tires are hot and they cool, thats when they glaze over and that could cause a slow fire....also under yellows get in the crumbs and spin the tires....that will somewhat act like grinding them and clean them off some. I run on a hard G60 tire so thats where my information is based from...hope this helps...if not maybe it could be an air pressure issue???

seslise1112
09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Teşekürler

usafracer
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Do you grind your tires between the heats and the main? If not then you need to. Or have a set of tires that are already ground waiting to go on the car for the main!

71mjr40
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
We do grind and sipe. There are a million ideas on how to sipe hard tires and I think we've tried all of them. Have also been told to spin in the loose stuff. Will try some new tires this next week end and start from scratch again. I think we'll try a little more spinning in the crumbs. Thanks for the suggestions.