PDA

View Full Version : LR traction shock help ?

want2bfast2
09-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I have bean running a 8 comp. 2 reb LR Integra traction shock with 200 LBs of nitrogen. I scale the car with shocks installed. Its a 4 bar car. The car seams loose on entry with the traction shock compared to a regular 8 com 2 reb low presure shock. I was wondering if the shock could make car loose on entry? I run about 20lbs left rear bite.
Would like to hear some opinions on this?
Thanks for the advise.

hotrod4890
09-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I have a friend running the same shock with 150# in it. We scaled the car without the shocks then hooked them up and it gained a little over 100# of left rear. May want to start unbolting them before you scale and see if it helps.

TeamGRT12x
09-24-2011, 05:52 PM
If your ride heights are correct with that shock on then you probably need to make other adjustments. We race with our shocks on, so we scale with them on. Be consistent with your scaling procedures. I like to jack the car up under the pumpkin and then drop it down before rolling onto scales. Give the front three bounces, nothing hard, then the back three light bounces. Don't be jumping on the bumper or car, just light bounces. I know that from a standard 8-2 to my traction shock, I went from 25 pounds of left rear to about 60. It didn't loosen me up that much on entry. You might want to take a tad bit of stagger out of it to help the entry.

If you unhook that left rear shock the car will probably be in the -30 LR Bite area on the scales. Try it sometime just for good measure.

z40chief
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Above statement is true. I unhook LR shock only to scale. Reading does vary with or without it. I got tired of waiting for car to settle with a traction shock so unhooking it sped the process up for me. Bottom line is to scale it the same way each time.