PDA

View Full Version : Scott Bloomquist Takes Record 4th Jackson 100 at Brownstown (IN) Speedway Saturday

TowerView
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Scott Bloomquist Takes Fourth Career Jackson 100

Win Saturday at Brownstown

BROWNSTOWN, IN (September 24, 2011) Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg, TN won his fourth consecutive Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series race as he won the Jackson 100 on Saturday Night at Brownstown Speedway. The event sponsored by Bryan Bowman Dodge/Jeep earned Bloomquist $20,000. The victory also makes him the first 4-time winner of the annual event. Bloomquist had to hold off the late race charges from Jimmy Owens of Newport, TN to take the win. Owens finished second followed by 19th starting Don O'Neal of Martinsville, IN; Jared Landers of Batesville, AR; and Scott James of Lawrenceburg, IN.

Brad Neat paced the field for the first 34 laps, until he spun in turn four while leading the race. Bloomquist, on the restart then inherited the top spot. Owens and James battled it out for second as O'Neal, made his way into the top three around James on lap 48.

At the halfway mark, Bloomquist was followed by Owens, O'Neal, James, and John Blankenship. The race was red-flagged with 57 laps scored when Josh McGuire flipped his car in turn number one. McGuire was unhurt in the incident.

Owens and O'Neal raced side-by-side for several laps as Bloomquist stretched his lead out. Owens finally cleared O'Neal on lap 72, and then he set his sights on Bloomquist. Bloomquist maintained a good-sized lead over Owens as the race wound down. Owens started his rally with ten laps to go and when Bloomquist hooked a rut in turn four, the #20 closed right on the back of Bloomquist. Bloomquist re-grouped, but lost the gap between himself and Owens, who was all over him in the final laps. As the two entered some traffic Owens dove to the bottom groove and challenged Bloomquist for the lead on the final circuit, but Bloomquist managed to barely hold on and take the victory.

In Lucas Oil Victory Lane for the 14th time this season, Bloomquist, was elated with the win. "The car was good all night, Brad was running well there for a long-time and I don't know what caused him to spin. Once we got the lead, I thought we had pulled out enough over Jimmy, but I hooked the rut down there in four and it nearly cost me," said the 47-year-old Hall of Fame driver.

"We fortunately got it back going again and I saw Jimmy there, then I had the traffic to deal with, Jimmy made it close at the end, but we held on," said the driver of the Miller Brothers Construction, Hawkeye Trucking, Sweet Mfg, Base Racing Fuels, and Ohlins sponsored Bloomquist Race Cars Ford powered by a Roush-Yates engine.

Bloomquist now holds a 40-point lead over Owens heading into to the series' next race, Tuesday Night at La Salle (IL) Speedway. "I thought I might get him there at the end," said Owens, who started alongside Bloomquist in row number three. "The car was fast all weekend, I saw him hit that hole in four, and I thought maybe I had a chance on the last lap, I tried to get underneath him, but I just didn't have enough grip to pass him," said the driver of the Mike Reece, Reece Monument Company, Bloomquist Race Cars Ford.

O'Neal had the crowd on its feet as well with his charge through the field. "That's why they are the two best drivers in the country right now," said O'Neal, who maintains third in the series points. "The car was awesome, we were just behind the eight ball after the heat race, if we could have started closer to the front it might have been a different story."

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, log onto www.lucasdirt.com or call the series' office at (951) 532-2503.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Race Summary

Saturday Night, September 24th, 2011

32nd Annual Jackson 100

Brownstown Speedway - Brownstown, IN

Red Buck Cigars Fast Time:

Jimmy Owens / 14.198 seconds (Group A and Overall)

Justin Rattliff / 14.750 seconds (Group B)

Wiles Driveshafts First Heat (10 Laps- Top 4 Advance): John Blankenship, Jimmy Owens, Brian Birkhofer, Kent Robinson, Don O'Neal, Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Chad Stapleton, Michael Chilton, Brian Wilhite, Greg Kendall

Wiles Driveshafts Second Heat (10 Laps- Top 4 Advance): Steve Francis, Earl Pearson Jr., Jared Landers, Eric Wells, Jared Hawkins, Greg Johnson, Dillan White, Zak Blackwood, Lindsay Wade, Dustin Neat-DNS

Sweet Manufacturing Third Heat (10 Laps- Top 4 Advance): Scott James, Josh McGuire, Dale McDowell, Joe Janowski, Chris Streeval, Ray Cook, Ron McQuerry, Shannon Reed

HAWK Brakes Fourth Heat (10 Laps- Top 4 Advance): Scott James, Josh McGuire, Dale McDowell, Joe Janowski, Chris Streeval, Ray Cook, Matt Boltnecht, Ron McQuerry, Shannon Reed

JRi Shocks First B-Main (12 Laps- Top 3 Advance): Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Don O'Neal, Jared Hawkins, Dillan White, Greg Kendall, Lindsay Wade, Chad Stapleton, Zak Blackwood, Michael Chilton, Brian Wilhite, Greg Johnson

Wrisco Aluminum Second B-Main (12 Laps- Top 3 Advance): Mike Jewell, John Mason, Ray Cook, Jeremy Hines, Matt Boltnecht, Alan Magner, Chris Streeval, Ron McQuerry, Shannon Reed

Jackson Dash (6 Laps - Winner Advances): Dillan White, Jeremy Hines, Alan Magner, Chad Stapleton, Chris Streeval, Brian Wilhite

Feature Finish - 100 Laps

FINISH
START
CAR #
DRIVER NAME
HOMETOWN

Scott Bloomquist
Mooresburg, TN

Jimmy Owens
Newport, TN

Don O'Neal
Martinsville, IN

Jared Landers
Batesville, AR

Scott James
Lawrenceburg, IN

Jared Hawkins
Fairmont, WV

41n
Brad Neat
Dunnville, KY

17m
Dale McDowell
Chickamauga, GA

John Blankenship
Williamson, WV

6J
Joe Janowski
Carmel, IN

Greg Kendall
Paoli, IN

11t
Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)
Corning, CA

Earl Pearson, Jr.
Jacksonville, FL

c9
Steve Casebolt
Richmond, IN

Josh McGuire
Grayson, KY

John Mason
Millersburg, OH

Ray Cook
Brasstown, NC

54W
Dillan White
Crofton, KY

Steve Francis
Ashland, KY

15b
Brian Birkhofer
Muscatine, IA

7R
Kent Robinson
Bloomington, IN

18e
Eric Wells
Hazard, KY

30J
Greg Johnson
Bedford, IN

9J
Mike Jewell
Scottsburg, IN

Justin Rattliff
Campbellsville, KY

Race Statistics
Entrants: 39

Lap Leaders: Brad Neat (Laps 1 - 34); Scott Bloomquist (35 - 100)

Caution Flags: Kent Robinson (Lap 5); Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Ray Cook (Lap 6); Brian Birkhofer (Lap 34); Josh McGuire (Lap 57); Steve Casebolt (Lap 59); Earl Pearson Jr. (Lap 67)

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Provisionals: none

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Emergency Provisionals: none

Red Buck Cigars Fast Time Provisionals: Greg Johnson, Greg Kendall

Brownstown Speedway, Jackson Dash Provisional: Dillan White

PBM/Erson Cams Hard Charger of the Race: Don O'Neal (Started 19th; Finished 3rd; Advanced 16 positions)

Allstar Performer of the Race: Scott Bloomquist

K&N Filters Clean Pass of the Race: Earl Pearson Jr.

Quarter Master Rookie of the Race: Jared Landers

COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Race: Roush Yates Racing Engines

Janowski Insurance Feature Winner: Scott Bloomquist

Outerwears Challenger of the Race: Don O'Neal

Dominator Race Products Hard Luck Award: Josh McGuire

DirtonDirt.com Crew Chief of the Race: Cody Mahoney (Don O'Neal)

Time of Race: 54 minutes 02 seconds

Lucas Oil Championship Point Standings:

POS
CAR #
DRIVER NAME
HOMETOWN
Scott Bloomquist
Mooresburg, TN

Jimmy Owens
Newport, TN

Don O'Neal
Martinsville, IN

Steve Francis
Ashland, KY

Jared Landers
Batesville, AR

Earl Pearson, Jr.
Jacksonville, FL

41n
Brad Neat
Dunnville, KY

John Blankenship
Williamson, WV

Ray Cook
Brasstown, NC

11t
Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)
Corning, CA

17m
Dale McDowell
Chickamauga, GA

18e
Eric Wells
Hazard, KY

57J
Bub McCool
Vicksburg, MS

99jr
Frank Heckenast, Jr.