PDA

View Full Version : rr shock location

newguy
09-29-2011, 12:43 AM
has anyone ran the shock on the trailing arm? i have the rearend set up to run the spring centerd or behind. problem is when the spring is behind, the shock mount would have to be 4-6 inches behind the housing.

Graff Spee
10-02-2011, 02:25 AM
If you don't tell the shock that it is mounted behind the axle it wont really mind. When you mount it inboard of the axle well now we see some very noticable changes! Its all in the motion ratio my friend.

stock car driver
10-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Why would you need to move the spring?

newguy
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
just incase i wanted to try it. im trying to plan ahead and find what works best for me. i plan on starting with the spring centerd.

stock car driver
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
just incase i wanted to try it. im trying to plan ahead and find what works best for me. i plan on starting with the spring centerd.

What does moving the spring do?

newguy
10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
i honestly have no idea. i have read people on here doing it, and a guy at my local track is doing it.

stock car driver
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
ok. I was hoping you would teach me something.

Around here many many run the rr spring in back lr in front.

Ive NEVER gotten anyone to say what they claim that does. Ive also ran my springs all over the place front rear and middle and never noticed a difference period...

bushracing67
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
In theory putting the LR spring forward on the axle builds weight on that spring under acceleration, moving the RR spring behind has the opposite effect, which I don't really believe to be true on due to the fact that the car should be transferring most of the weight to the RR on acceleration anyway, I think the theory of the lr spring in front building bite under power makes sense on any car that has axle wrap, my metric on heims has virtually no wrap at all, a metric on stock rubber bushings will have some, but where I think spring position could mean the most would be a monoleaf car with coils