PDA

View Full Version : Swaybar or Not??

stocks05
09-30-2011, 10:29 AM
I've heard of guys running swaybars on the front of their Mustangs on a dirt setup. Is this better or not? I run "no" bar as of now on a medium banked 3/8 mile dirt track and was just wondering if anyone has seen or felt a differance in using the swaybar?

Double W Racin'
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I've been doing A LOT of research on Mustang Front end suspension.

So far, what I've gathered, is that Asphault guys run a Sway bar and Dirt guys don't. However, I did run across a couple who do.

Do a search on here. You'll find alot on the subject.

englertracing
10-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Ditch the swaybar its heavy heavy. I run a mustang 5.0 rf spring a pinto lf spring. No swaybar won 8 of 10 races this year 3/8 mile medium banked track. Unhook it during hotlaps or a heat fax wire it up out of the way or something. If u don't like it hook it up for the main. If u do throw it away.

Dirtrunner35
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Depends on what your car is doing. A sway bar will work on a dirt car.

drtlvr
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Depends on what your car is doing. A sway bar will work on a dirt car.

Exactly...no one size fits all. I've run a sway bar on a 1/2 mile dirt on one car but not another car. Depends on the roll of the car.

oilslick
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
What's the advantage of not having the sway bar on dirt? Same here 3/8 high bank. Thanks

drtlvr
10-07-2011, 05:43 AM
The car will transfer weight to the rear better with no bar. If you run on a high bank, weight transfer to the rear shouldn't be a problem. No bar helps the car roll on the right side harder, giving more sidebite, but a high bank track you need less sidebite. No way to know for sure if it's better or not. Depends on the car, track, driver.

Tenacious55
10-10-2011, 10:51 PM
the sway bar is going to tighten up the car...alot of people dont use it but it worked for me... The next guy might call it a push... Same difference

return to dirt
10-11-2011, 12:42 AM
i run tight 1/5 and 1/4 mile tracks and didn't like it on my mustang. couldn't get rid of the push. i used one on my nissan truck and loved the combo but it was top heavy compared to the mustang. try one, you might like it or you could always unhook it.

olin