PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick advise regarding stock metric geometry

3-6 Racing
09-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Right now im running stock parts in the front, and only have two races left in the season so i want to get it close as possible to finish the season. I got in a wreck and bent my right front UCA. this week I got out the angle finder and with the same spacers I had before it came out to -5*. I strapped the frame to the trailer and jacked the wheel up to full travel, and of coarse it's lost some of it's lean in at the top, down to -2 or -3 deg. I run a pretty steep banked clay 1/4 and one of the top modified guys told me he runs about -5* but I'm figuring he has a better geometry and that it stays pretty much the same through the travel of the suspension. What should my camber be at full compression? should I start out with more static camber to compensate for the loss or what?

roybeckett13j
09-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Always adjust camber according to how your tires are wearing. If its wearing more on the outside, camber it in some. If its wearing on the inside, go out some. The point is to get the most amount of tire to the ground as possible...or thats at least how I set mine up

LowTechRacing
10-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Need a temp gun, get the inside middle and outside of the tire. Adjust until you are close to even when you come off the track

Moldymulldoon
10-02-2011, 12:18 PM
IF you do not have a pyrometer... take a can of white spray paint, paint line across the tread. If the camber is way off you'll see it right quick.
Sameway with the side of the tire. You'll see how far the tire rolls over and you can adjust the tire pressure.

If the track is wet obviously it wont work. Paint it when the track is getting dry or dry slick. Thats when you want it to work its best, in the feature.