PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any success running a gleason diff

kevinspears
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
whats everyones views on running a gleason type diff instead of a spool

Graff Spee
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Too much rotating weight, to much money. No reason to have it. Just measure the roll out you need and put the correct stagger in it!

kevinspears
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
i HEAR YA WE JUST CANT GET A CORNER ENTREY PUSH OUT OF OUR CAR HAD MANY PEAPLE THAT NO WHAT THERE DOIN KINDA RUN OUT OF OPINIONS ON THIS CAR. I HATE TO USE A GLEASON TYPE REAR AS A CRUTCH BUT KINDA IS SEEMING LIKE MY LAST OPTION.WINTERS HAS A LIGHTWEIGHT GLEASON TYPE DIFF IF ITS A BIG ROTATING WEIGHT PROB

Graff Spee
10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I would not buy one to cover up a problem! Fix the problem! If you can't find the problem you could be looking in the wrong place! Start with the driver! Is the car binding? Save the money and fix the problem!!! Good luck. :-)

racinground
10-06-2011, 06:13 AM
I think it would be a good thing. I've wanted to try one for awhile just could not afford it. I was told more people run them then you think, they just dont talk about it. I dont know for sure but would be very intersted in hearing from someone that has run one. Sounds like it should work good in the slick.

4bangerhotrod
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
if they were a good thing most of the top touring guys would run them and i know quiet a few of these guys and dont know anybody that runs them. alot of the older guys have talked about running them yrs ago, but i think that was with the leaf cars.

kevinspears
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
i bought a grt about 7 or 8 years ago from j an j racing an it had a gold track in it which is the same thing as a gleason an it worked great on the slick track we was running at

kevinspears
10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
it was there personal car so i no guys out there run them for specific tracks