PDA

View Full Version : need help with birdcages!!!!!

bluemod
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I am not for sure how the birdcages and shock mounts on the rear should be.

i have a 9in and i am running coilovers rr is setup with shock and coilover on the birdcage. The lr is set up with the birdcage clamped and i have a mount beside for the coilover and shock. Is this correct or how can i fix this. this just dont seem right

thanx in advance

washeduptoo
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Not sure exactly what you have but I would think the lr bc shouldn't be clamped if c/o is in front on another bracket. Can you get a pic?

dirttrackrocker
10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
assuming this is a 4 bar, the LR shouldn't be clamped. You want the coilover on the rear of the birdcage on the LR and the front on the RR.

bluemod
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
this is a 4 bar car. Ill elaberate a little better.

The right rear bird cage has the shock mount and coilover mount on the birdcage.
the Left rear birdcage as no mount for shock or coilover. The mount for the shock and coilover are welded to the right of the birdcage. ill see if i can get some pics hopefully this helps a little.

washeduptoo
10-04-2011, 11:08 AM
The lr bc does float correct? If it does, the clamp bracket beside the bc should have the spring in front and shock in the rear. The rr, I would try the c/o with shock in front of b/c. Good luck.

dirttrackrocker
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
OK.. I get ya now. Appears it is set up to be run clamped up. Run the coilover in front of the axle on the mount that is welded to axle tube.

bluemod
10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
how can i change this so i dont have to run it clamped because i dont know anything bout it being clamped

dirttrackrocker
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Get a new LR birdcage that has the mounts on it.