PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare Grabs a Pair of Top 5 Finishes at NBS

prodirtcar32
10-04-2011, 08:18 AM
October 4th, 2011

Booper Bare nabs 2 Top 5 Finishes During Fall Classic Weekend at Natural Bridge.

With a chill in the air reminding everyone that the 2011 racing season is fast approaching the checkered flag, Booper Bare spent the weekend racing close to home. The Annual Sunoco Fall Classic weekend at the Natural Bridge Speedway was run under very cold temperatures with the threat of rain all weekend. That didn’t diminish the action on the track for Booper as he kept warm by racing in both the Super Late Model and the Steel Block Late Model divisions.

When gates opened on Friday night both the Jim Stasiowski owned Loco-Motives #37 and the Sprouse/Cromer Motorsports #83 were pit side prepared for a weekend of great racing on the scenic 3/8th mile oval. Hopping back and forth between cars, kept the Booper Bare Racing crew scrambling as they made numerous adjustments throughout the weekend. First up was single car qualifying and Booper faired pretty well in both classes. After knocking off the 3rd overall quick lap in the Steel Block class and the 8th quick lap in Super Late Model time trials, the team went to work preparing for the 10 lap heat races. First up was the Steel Block heat race, which saw Booper roll off from the pole and race out to a commanding lead. Cruising with only 2 laps left the right rear tire exploded forcing the veteran to the pits for a quick tire change. The crew did an amazing job getting the #83 back out without losing a lap. Restarting at the tail end of the field Booper sliced his way through the field for a 5th place finish locking him into the 40 lap feature. On the Super Late Model side of things Booper was very fast in the Loco-Motives #37 and ran a steady race finishing 3rd and giving him a top 10 starting spot in the 50 lap 8,000 to win Sunoco Fall Classic.

A cool sunny Saturday, unfortunately gave way to a rainy Saturday night as a cold drizzle settled in over the speedway during the B-Main forcing the track to postpone the rest of the program to Sunday afternoon. First up, on a cold, windy, cloudy Sunday for the team was the 40 lap $1,500 to win Steel Block feature. Rolling off 15th on the grid Booper would charge through the field earning a fine 5th place in the Jimmy’s Tree Service/J.C. Body Shop #83. After talking things over with the crew and making a few adjustments the Rockbridge Baths, Virginia veteran strapped into the Jim Stasiowski #37 to do battle for 50 laps on the tricky daytime surface. From the drop of the green the Loco-Motives/RoushYates/HTMA mount was strong picking cars off carefully on the slick oval. Moving into 6th about halfway through Booper ran down the 3rd through 5th place cars and four cars spent the last half of the race running together. Unfortunately the windswept daytime surface made passing a premium and although The Loco-Motives Mastersbilt by Huey was extremely fast and hooked up there was just nowhere to make a clean pass. As the checkered fell Bare crossed the line with a hard fought 5th place finish for the second time in as many races.

“This car was really good” said Booper as he climbed out of the Loco-Motives #37. “I had a fast, great driving car, just not a lot of passing room. I could get under Ronnie’s (DeHaven) quarter panel but just couldn’t quite get the momentum off. Both cars were good all weekend. I need to really thank my crew and Huey for giving me great cars. Everyone works really hard on this deal and I can’t thank them enough. I’m happy with both 5th places, knowing that I had better cars than that” added Bare.

As of now the team will take this coming weekend off to get prepared for the next to last Steel Block Bandit series race. The $5,000 to win race will take place October 14th & 15th at the Alleghany County Speedway in Cumberland Maryland. Booper and The Sprouse/Cromer team trail points leader Walker Arthur by only 8 points heading into the next to last event on the Bandit’s 2011 schedule.

Loco-Motives, LLC is a family owned company started, very simply as a children’s amusement area within a Washington D.C. shopping mall. Over the past several years the company has grown to the point of having its trackless train systems in shopping malls & centers from Coast to Coast. Providing its clients with a full service operation including equipment, fully trained operators, insurance, marketing partnerships and most importantly fun has been the main reason behind Loco-Motive’s success without sacrificing any of the company’s core values. For more information on Loco-Motives, please check out their web site at http://www.shoppingmalltrains.com.

Remember to stop by the trailer and pick up your new 2011 Booper Bare Sprouse/Cromer Motorsports T-Shirt. Keep up to date at the team’s official home on the web. http://www.booperbare.com

Booper would like to thank all of the #83 sponsors:
Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, $MaryAnn, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson Race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Booper would like to thank all of the #37 supporters:
Loco-Motives, LLC, RoushYates Engines, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson Race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Upcoming Races:
*** Subject to Change***
October 14th – The Rock, Cumberland, MD – SBB
October 15th - The Rock, Cumberland, MD – SBB
October 21st – TBA
October 22nd – TBA
October 28th – Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex – SBB
October 29th – Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex - SBB