PDA

View Full Version : Frankland vs Winters

citiracer
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
What are some opinions on the differences in these two rear-ends?
Looking specifically at durability and performance. I won't say cost is not an issue but I'm willing to pay more for the Frankland if there is a tangible improvement in either durability or performance.
P.S. For reasons beyond my control, these are my only two options.
Thanks!

hucktyson
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Here the differance you can run a winters for 10 years if you run good synthetic lube and the ring and pinion look brand new and you can run a frankland 10 races and the ring and pinion no longer look brand new. I would be willing to bet when you see a car fall out of a race with rear end failure its probably not a winters that broke

SS Motorsports
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
have used both and had zero problems with either brand. The main thing to know is where to actually fill it to. And spend money on good oil ie: mystik or whatever brand you prefer. A brand new Winters, Frankland, Bulldog etc.... will do you no good if you buy cheap gear oil in a 5 gal. bucket that has no recognizable brand on it just to save a dollar.

cbracer14
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Make sure if you choose a Franklin.... it is one that has a pinion support in the case......

fastford
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
ive been running the same frankland center and quick change since 2001,had to replace one bell a few years back due to a crash, but every thing else is original and all thats ever been in it is plain castrol gl5 fluid, its still good as new with at least 10,000 laps on it

hucktyson
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
ive been running the same frankland center and quick change since 2001,had to replace one bell a few years back due to a crash, but every thing else is original and all thats ever been in it is plain castrol gl5 fluid, its still good as new with at least 10,000 laps on it

Are you running a stock 305 by chance ?

fastford
10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Are you running a stock 305 by chance ?

ford never made a 305, however we run a 2.3 pinto engine which has a good bit more power than a 305