PDA

View Full Version : Tarheel 50 Updates from Tri-County (NC) Race Track - October 6, 2011

DelphComm
10-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Tri-County Race Track (Brasstown, North Carolina)
www.tricountyracetrack.com (http://www.tricountyracetrack.com)
Tarheel 50 Updates

* 5:15 p.m. Update - According to promoter Ray Cook, some of the Super Late Model drivers in attendance tonight at Tri-County include: Don O'Neal, Jonathan Davenport, Eric Jacobsen, Skip Arp, Billy Ogle, Jr., Tommy Kerr, Tony Knowles, David Payne, Brent Dixon, along with most of the track regulars.

* 6:30 p.m. Update - Chris Tilley reports 27 cars are registered so far for the $3,500 to win Tarheel 50. Other drivers on hand include Casey Roberts, Ethan Hunter, Johnny Chastain, Shawn Chastain, Ross Bailes, Benji Cole, and Preston Graves.

* 7:00 p.m. Update - 28 Super Late Models in the pit area at Tri-County. Drivers meeting is underway!

* Format for Tonight - The top six qualifiers will be locked into the Tarheel 50. Then the top seven from two consolation races will transfer into the A-Main rounding out the 20 car field.

Car Count: 28

Fast Time: Don O'Neal 13.115

Top Six Qualifiers (Locked into Feature): Don O'Neal, Ross Bailes, Tony Knowles, Ethan Hunter, Jonathan Davenport, and David Payne

B-Main #1 Lineup (Top Seven Advance):
Skip Arp - Johnny Chastain
Eric Jacobsen - Tommy Kerr
David McCoy - George Mashburn
Jamie Oliver - Danny Ledford
Preston Graves - Glen Barnett
Rodney Weeks

Finish: Johnny Chastain, Eric Jacobsen, Tommy Kerr, Skip Arp, George Mashburn, Danny Ledford, Preston Graves, Rodney Weeks, David McCoy, Glen Barnett, Jamie Oliver

B-Main #2 Lineup (Top Seven Advance):
Shawn Chastain - Casey Roberts
Randy Nichols - Benji Cole
Billy Ogle, Jr. - Brent Dixon
Jacob Anderson - Ryan King
Jason Payne - Steve Clark
Jonathan Cope

Finish: Casey Roberts, Shawn Chastain, Benji Cole, Billy Ogle, Jr., Brent Dixon, Jacob Anderson, Randy Nichols, Jason Payne, Steve Clark, Ryan King, Jonathan Cope

TARHEEL 50 STARTING LINEUP ($3,500 TO WIN):
Row 1: Don O'Neal - Ross Bailes
Row 2: Tony Knowles - Ethan Hunter
Row 3: Jonathan Davenport - David Payne
Row 4: Johnny Chastain - Casey Roberts
Row 5: Eric Jacobsen - Shawn Chastain
Row 6: Tommy Kerr - Benji Cole
Row 7: Skip Arp - Billy Ogle, Jr.
Row 8: George Mashburn - Brent Dixon
Row 9: Danny Ledford - Jacob Anderson
Row 10: Preston Graves - Randy Nichols

Finish:
1. Casey Roberts (8)
2. Jonathan Davenport (5)
3. Shawn Chastain (10)
4. Johnny Chastain (7)
5. Don O'Neal (1)
6. Benji Cole (12)
7. Billy Ogle, Jr. (14)
8. Ross Bailes (2)
9. Tommy Kerr (11)
10. Brent Dixon (16)
11. Ethan Hunter (4)
12. Jacob Anderson (18)
13. Randy Nichols (20)
14. Tony Knowles (3)
15. George Mashburn (15)
16. Eric Jacobsen (9)
17. David Payne (6)
18. Skip Arp (13)
19. Preston Graves (19)
20. Danny Ledford (17)

Lap Leaders: Don O'Neal (1-21), Casey Roberts (22-43), Jonathan Davenport (44), Casey Roberts (45-53)
Cautions: Lap 8, 21, 21rs, 24, 39, 41

volchvyracing
10-06-2011, 04:55 PM
thanks for any updates. should be good night for racing. wish i could have been there

DelphComm
10-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Don O'Neal sets fast time at 13.115 seconds

DelphComm
10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Top six qualifiers and B-Main lineups are posted above!

DelphComm
10-06-2011, 08:18 PM
B-Main results and feature lineup posted above!

duststorm
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
The 101 bandit is leading.

DelphComm
10-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Casey Roberts wins in his Capital Race Cars debut! Full results are posted above!

Cash
10-07-2011, 12:22 AM
What a race! Casey Roberts and Davenport swap the lead 3 times before Roberts edges Davenport at the line.

Don Oneal and David Payne were runing 1-2 and a lapper took them both out. Oneal came from the rear to finish 5th.

Shawn and Johnny Chastain finish 3rd and 4th.

Track was good and you could pass if you had the car. Credit to Roberts and Davenport for running each other clean during all the lead changes. They did a great job

Itsinmyblood
10-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Don O'neal gained a fan last night for sure. I thought it was great after coming off a fresh knoxville nationals win for 40,000 dollars he would stop to race for 3500. Some say he was cherry picking but I think he just loves to race. Plus when he was in a wreck while leading around lap 21and had to go to the rear he didn't do like most big shots would do and pull of the track. He went to the rear and tried racing back to the front. He showed me he just loves to race. Great show last night and congrats to Casey Roberts on the win.

JLS65
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
That was an awesome race

Slideways
10-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Kudos to Casey Roberts!!

VICTORY-N-JESUS
10-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Probally best race i seen in 3 years, i just read this and cash & itsinmyblood said it right.

Felt bad for o'neal worse for payne the wreck happened so fast i m sure ray hadn't got on raceriever all of 3 was blocked so o'neal & payne loped it trying to miss them. Payne got tore up .

It was hard watching leaders vs o'neal on the very top of 1 and 2 coming thru pack.

Enjoyed meeting half-fast 06, and seeing carolinadirt.

Well worth me 2hour+ drive.
Thanks ray for bringing it back to brasstown good to talk to you to.

Loved meeting george mashburn & seeing the racing for JESUS car.

Smiley J
10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Don O'neal gained a fan last night for sure. I thought it was great after coming off a fresh knoxville nationals win for 40,000 dollars he would stop to race for 3500. Some say he was cherry picking but I think he just loves to race. Plus when he was in a wreck while leading around lap 21and had to go to the rear he didn't do like most big shots would do and pull of the track. He went to the rear and tried racing back to the front. He showed me he just loves to race. Great show last night and congrats to Casey Roberts on the win.

He raced there in a borrowed car probably 4 or 5 years ago. Num 79 i think. I remember seeing him at burnside, ky but in the late ninetys.

Governor
10-08-2011, 05:41 AM
Casey Roberts wins in his Capital Race Cars debut! Full results are posted above!

Congratulations to Casey! Glad to see a Capital Race Car in Victory Lane.

VICTORY-N-JESUS
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
From all i could read on here which wasn't much and facebook looks like the tarheel was a better race than the shootout.
Thanks agian to ray and all the drivers for a good night.

But i came here to say check photos by marty from tarheel race, under action photos he even captured roberts and davenport swapping the lead twice in turn 2,