PDA

View Full Version : four link modified

texas pride
10-08-2011, 01:51 AM
I have noticed some guys at the track are able to turn into the corners without really getting off the gas and ive heard rumors about a traction bar there running that plants the rear tires in the dirt under hard accelleration in the corner and its not the Davis traction control from what i here. some im wondering if anyone knows what there referring too. any ideas would be great!

i also would like some recommendations as far as what type of shocks would be best to run on my 4 link car and im running 750LF 850RF 175LR 200RR does that sound like a good starting point for my shocks?

dirttrackrocker
10-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Pavement???? Wrong forum...

texas pride
10-12-2011, 09:05 PM
correction dirt not pavement sorry about that! any advice would be great thanks

johnny v
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I think you mean springs.....

what front clip does your car have?

If its a chevelle, your a bit stiff on the front....
I would re-post, tell everyone what you have , give all the details you can... and people will help you out....

Where you race in Texas?

texas pride
10-13-2011, 09:11 PM
yeah sorry i did mean springs and its a metric front clip. well im building my first modified this season i recently bought i bare chassis its a max eddie thomas chassis. i probably be running at lonestar speedway and boothiil speedway

cavemod
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM
what your seeing is guys running brake floaters that helps hold the rear of the car up on the bars while under braking giving the illusion of not getting off the gas to get thru the corner.