PDA

View Full Version : Sail Pannel ?

RACR_73s
10-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Which is the best way to make your sail pannels? Make them long and big as possible so that they go all the way to the spoiler side pannel? Make them short and smaller and leave a gap between spoiler pannel? How much of a gap? Right side different than left side? Window openning in sail pannel for better vision? Please explain why one way is better than the other or are they both wrong and there is a better way? ~Thanks~

mudderfudder
10-09-2011, 07:09 AM
I would say make them as big as your rules will permit, but if you plan on running any WoO shows or Lucas shows they are very strick on the demensions, so keep that in mind as well. Good luck!

EAMShater
10-09-2011, 09:37 AM
The best way in my opinion is to kind of lay the right side flat if your nit going to put a window because when the car is turned up in the corner having that side blown out is blocking air and on the left side blow it out as much as the rules allow and if the track or series you run isn't strict go all the way back to they spoiler side on the right I'd leave a gap between to get air to the spoiler. I read in an article that mark Richards said to put a hole in the right side and leave the left solid. Most places wont allow that so I would cut a small hoke at the very top and from if the panel. Like owens car this year. Mine are like owens. A large gaping hole in the right side laid fairly flat but not ugly and the left side is curved out with a much smaller window opening to catch the air.

TALON75
10-12-2011, 02:28 AM
i've been using a left side a-pillar on the right rear, and a full sail on the lr trying to maximize the clean air to the spoiler. Can't say for sure it is the best way, but we have been top five qualifing( with one TQ) ever since, I have made a couple other changes also but I think it is helping .

http://latemodelracer.com/photos/bako/2011/1008/1008a.jpg

sj valley dave
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
The WCLM techs haven't said anything about it? I thought we had to follow the Lucas Oil/WoO body rules?? :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
i've been using a left side a-pillar on the right rear, and a full sail on the lr trying to maximize the clean air to the spoiler. Can't say for sure it is the best way, but we have been top five qualifing( with one TQ) ever since, I have made a couple other changes also but I think it is helping .

http://latemodelracer.com/photos/bako/2011/1008/1008a.jpg

What you are doing helps if you can get away with it.

TALON75
10-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Honestly Dave, I had to point it out and was told it was ok. The rules read it must look like a latemodel, that's it, and it still looks like a latemodel. Gonna try to get away with it at the wild west shootout but might have a harder time there!lol

sj valley dave
10-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Very true!! LOL You guys going to be in Chowchilla this weekend for the $400 to start/$2,000 to win race?