PDA

View Full Version : Black front rocket

CHUMBA
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Is anyone year better or worse ? was 07 a good year? I have heard some say 05 was best. what do you think? What would differences between years be? thanks for any advise!!

CHUMBA
10-11-2011, 12:48 AM
A lot of lookers no opinions, come on guys, if you could get new 07 that has never been put together, the frame hasnt been painted! would you get it or get a new 2012 if the money was the same for either one?

talclipse
10-11-2011, 06:38 AM
A lot of lookers no opinions, come on guys, if you could get new 07 that has never been put together, the frame hasnt been painted! would you get it or get a new 2012 if the money was the same for either one?

Here is my take on it:

If you are going to buy a new car I don't think I would buy a new black front end car. If you can get a good deal on the 07 car it should be a good piece. The only bad thing going for the black front end cars is you will not get a tremendous amount of support from the guys in Shinston. The black front cars are past their development cycle so they will build the cars but you will not have the feedback and additional info that you would typically get from those guys.

With that said if you are someone who has an idea of what you want out of your car and how to get it there and you like the feel of the black front car go with the 07. Those cars are tried and true and are still winning races every weekend.

If you end up going with a new car I don't know enough to even begin to say blue/ gray or the orange car.

mqdirtracer57
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I have an 05 Black front,even though I have only had it a short time.I have raced it at two different types of tracks and car was good both times in two totally different conditions. The car re-acted well to adjustments needed. Also the support from the guys at Rocket is Awesome!!

C10
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
LOVE the support from Rocket!!!!! We have a 2000 black front, and every time I call, I better have some time on my hands, because they will stay on the phone with you for as long as needed!

talclipse
10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Just to clarify I wasn't saying you wouldn't get help from Rocket. just saying that their development will not be focused on the black front end cars.

4bangerhotrod
10-11-2011, 09:04 PM
we have a 07 black front end car and we have won alot of races with this car. dont think there would be much of a difference between the 12 an 07 car so if its new and goin be alot cheaper i would def go the 07 route. alot of the rocket drivers have been running older black cars because the newer blue fronts suck.

llm4
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Who do you recommend talking to at Rocket?

talclipse
10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Anthony, Steve and Robbie are all pretty knowledgeable. For me its often easier to shoot them an email. But, remember the more specific information you give those the guys the more specifically they can address your question(s).

grasshopper
10-14-2011, 01:19 PM
We have a 2001 black front end Rocket we run in the create class and it runs in the top 5 every week with cars a whole lot newer than ours. We have won races this year with it. We also have a 05 black front end Rocket we run in the steel heads. I dont see nothing wrong with them. Personal prefrance for the driver and what he is used to or wants.