PDA

View Full Version : wondering what the best place to mount shock and springs on a 4 bar modified

texas pride
10-12-2011, 01:26 AM
im building my first 4 bar imca modified and i was wondering if the shock and spring location matters on the rearend. i was also thinking about running coilovers on the car is that the best way to go and if so what is the best location of the coilovers. need all the advice yal can give. thanks!

racin6mod
10-12-2011, 05:42 PM
everyone like different set ups. but if your building your own deal go with the coilover on the lr clamped up and on the rr spring on slider in front and the shock behind the axle(that make rr shock changes easy) on the lr I change the shock and spring together. also be sure when mounting the upper mounts you have them forward and inward from the lower mounts.

anissa5
10-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Do you mean to have the spring and shock together on the lr clamped and the right rear floated thanks

rocketmod19
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
i would float both sides on the birdcage and get good spring sliders and run the shocks seperate run the lr spring behind and rr spring in front and if you want put a clamp bracket on too

racin6mod
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Do you mean to have the spring and shock together on the lr clamped and the right rear floated thanks

yes that's how I've got my car set up and I really like it.I built a new car that I plan to run on swingarm most of the time but designed it so I can put it on 4 bar pretty quick/easy with the above set up.

texas pride
10-12-2011, 08:57 PM
sounds like good advice thanks guys

bluemod
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
i have a agree with racein6mod my cars clamped and i love it but u have to be very smooth or u will sling your self in the wall fast with a clamped car