PDA

View Full Version : WMF Birdcages

citiracer
10-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Looking at getting a new set of aluminum bearing birdcages for next season and these are priced right especially since a sponsor of mine is a Lane/Motorstate dealer and will get them for me at their cost. Any negative feedback (or positive)?
Main drawback I see right now is that I can't find a website or phone number or any contact info for them if I ever need to get replacement parts.
Thanks in advance!

talclipse
10-12-2011, 12:25 PM
They had a website up until recently.

The good: They are cheap and are pretty well exact copies of the more expensive TWM cages. You can interchange TWM parts with them.

The bad: Even when they had a website it was very difficult to get a hold of them to get replacement parts (which is why anytime I have to replace a portion of my cages I just order them from TWM and get my bearings elsewhere).

If I was to put a new set of cages on my car this off season I would be getting in touch with Kent Taylor (billet birdcage).

citiracer
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks talclipse. That brings me to another question. Where do you get the bearings and is there a part number for them?
Also, do you have a phone number for WMF? I've searched and searched and can't find anything.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
If I was to put a new set of cages on my car this off season I would be getting in touch with Kent Taylor (billet birdcage).

Kent's cages are excellent. They last a long time.

Dirt Man
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
We have used bearing cages from H&H Racing Equipment since 2006 with 0 problems. Great price.

talclipse
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I ordered my replacement bearings through Kent.

The only number I have for WMF is: (256) 878-3597. When I called to make sure that was the correct number earlier this morning it just rang?

citiracer
10-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Sounds like WMF is not doing much business if they have shut down their website and won't answer their phone. How do I get in touch with this Kent Taylor fella'?

talclipse
10-13-2011, 01:26 PM
You can send him a PM on here (his username is billetbirdcage) or you can shoot him an email: TMP at duh dot net (trying to keep him from getting spammed)

mqdirtracer57
10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
OMG(Old Mans Garage) has a good line of Birdcages. They have them designed to be repairible if damaged.
ttp://oldmansgarage.com/xcart/home.php