PDA

View Full Version : whats the best torque link for a four bar

texas pride
10-14-2011, 04:54 AM
i have a single stage torque arm with a 1200 lb spring that im running on my4/4 bar with a j-bar and the torque arm is long it bolts to the driveshaft loop. im wondering what type of torque arms other guys are running and how much success there having with them and im going to be running mostly on a 3/8 mile and sometimes i mit try a 1/4 mile. whats the best spring to run on a torque arm for these tracks. i also is it nessesary to run limite chain on LR and if so where is the best place to get one. thanks for the help

dirttrackrocker
10-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Most of the guys I run with have been running the Afco 2 way bar with the 600-2000 progressive spring. I ran a hoop style rubber bushing type all last year. I am gonna try the 2 way with the 600-2000 next year.

bpowell
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Do you have good luck with long pull bar?
i am going to switch from lift arm to pull bar for next year, need to fab a mount on chassis not sure what length works best.Want to get some input before we start welding.
Thanks

dirttrackrocker
10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Rule of thumb is Long pull bar doesn't hook up as quick but keeps traction longer. Short pull bar hooks up quick, but doesn't hold traction as long.