PDA

View Full Version : Afco torque link

texas pride
10-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried AFCO Dual SHaft Torque Link or knew of anyone that has and if so what they thought about it and does it actually work like it says it does. I dont to dish out 300 dollars for a torque link thats no better than anyother torque link out there . So if you guys could give some info about it and tell what yall think about it would be a big help. this below is what afco said about its Torque link!!

The Dual Shaft Torque Link allows spring and brake bushings to operate independently due to its unique design. This has several advantages: 1.) Corner entry & exit can be tuned separately. 2.) The brake bushing works sooner and more consistently since it’s not preloaded with engine spring pre-load. 3.) Corner entry is more consistent and more tuneable due to the brake bushing no being preloaded. • Built-in travel indicator to monitor acceleration travel and deceleration travel • Heavy duty design to handle open class modified motors.

Darkstar15
10-17-2011, 07:42 AM
We have used the 3 way AFCO for 2 years with good results. Have tried 3 different springs and settled on 600-2000 progressive. Keep a close watch on bolts and Loctite all of them. You may need more preload than they say to keep travel to 13/4 - 2 1/4 inchs. If you use progressive spring you take inner biscuits out. Also we do not use 5 th shock on top of rear.

John

texas pride
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
not having that 5th shock doesnt that make for a rougher ride when the rolls out of the corners.

Darkstar15
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
We have run 5th shock only a couple of times and driver said it felt like it bound up car. He has never said anything else about it.

John

texas pride
10-17-2011, 10:50 PM
i heard it makes for a bumpeer ride without it and i also heard of some guys not running them. there are some guys i seen not even running torque arms they just run a straight bar just a long swedge tube no spring or biskit just the rod

dirttrackrocker
10-18-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't run a 5th shock. The cars with a solid pull bar are most likely sport mods. Thats what they are required to run.

JR. MECHANIC
10-30-2011, 10:22 PM
All I'll say is it is a touchy piece

texas pride
10-30-2011, 10:56 PM
does that mean u havent had much luck with them?