PDA

View Full Version : Spindle question

modsrock
10-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Looking for a Tall metric spindle. I want to run my 10.5 standard metric rotors, but, want something thats taller than the standard metric (monte, malibu) type spindle. I know theres one out there, but, I can't remember what it comes off of.

dirttrackrocker
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Looking for a Tall metric spindle. I want to run my 10.5 standard metric rotors, but, want something thats taller than the standard metric (monte, malibu) type spindle. I know theres one out there, but, I can't remember what it comes off of.

Hammond Motorsports sells them. Not sure what they came on originally.

stillfast
10-25-2011, 06:06 PM
They are Camaro 70-81 Chevelle 73-77(and the other GM mid size) 77-96 impala (and other fullsize GM with 11" rotor). Watch bearing sizes because they change thru the years. Best to use '80 up full size GM, the bearing stays the same and they are a lighter casting than some of the 70's spindles.

dirttrackrocker
10-25-2011, 06:50 PM
They are Camaro 70-81 Chevelle 73-77(and the other GM mid size) 77-96 impala (and other fullsize GM with 11" rotor). Watch bearing sizes because they change thru the years. Best to use '80 up full size GM, the bearing stays the same and they are a lighter casting than some of the 70's spindles.

Those all take an 11" rotor, what he is looking for is a tall spindle that will take the 10.5 inch metric rotor. I directed him to Hammond motorsports because I know they have them. They are what I am running on my cars next year. They are a GM spindle, but, I have no idea what they come on, and I doubt Dave is gonna offer that Info seeing as he is selling them :)

stillfast
10-26-2011, 09:16 PM
The spindle on Mr. Hammond's web site is a 91-96 Impala with ABS sensor. It is 8 3/4" tall. The other spindles I listed are the same dimensions and interchange as far as bolting on. They do have an 11" rotor. So either a different rotor is adapted to fit. or maybe turned down 1/2". I have done that before to reduce the weight of the rotor. That style spindle will increase the track width also.