PDA

View Full Version : panhard bar under standing

newguy
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
rules state that a 20" min bar behind the rear end must be used. this puts the mount in the center of the rear end if I run the bar from the frame rail. I guess my question is this going to work? should I go longer bar? should I move the mount on the frame? this is for a 3000 ld metric super stock. have to run stock lowers and a max 20" solid upper pull bar.

newguy
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
thanx for the reply. it is mounted to the left side of frame.

propit21
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
are this for WCSS rules?

newguy
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
yes. plan on running stock style 4 link at home. but want to hit a few WCSS races next year. so ill be able to run 3link when traveling.

propit21
10-21-2011, 04:47 PM
put the mount where a j-bar mount would be on the front just right of the pinion yoke just on the back side. are bar is a little over 20". rear mounted panhard bar don't need much rake in them, we found between 2 to 3 inches of mounting diffence have worked the best. try and line the rear end mount about even with the pinion and go off of there. Just make sure you rear end stays square from left to right. Ours is mounted on the frame on the left side of the chassis. as far as tuning the panhard bar use the info that afco gives about panhard bars http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml

if you need any help shoot me a pm.