PDA

View Full Version : bob peirce latemodels

dirtcarz5
10-23-2011, 08:21 PM
think about getting a new peirce but i called out there talked to a woman who doesnt no anything are these good cars will he help you please givr me some feed back

WarsawSuspTec
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
i called there three time`s to get some info for eldora,She keep saying he`s not there,they never called back,i call again,she said that he told here to tell me just to run what i run at my local track,um,3/8 tight corner track to a 1/2 mile track,nice help.I have to of his car`s for sale now.

glnrcg
10-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I always call to see how Im treated on the phone before spending money with anyone. If they dont have the time for me, make me feel like Im bothering them or dont return my calls I spend my money some where else...

Canadian
10-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Great cars, safe cars, great people.
Hard to get Bob on the phone, so tech is slow.
So make sure you tell them that is a big concern.
But his base line setup will get you in the ball park and any track, small to big half mile.
We went there this as well.
Most guys running Bobs stuff, if on facebook will also help you out.

hucktyson
10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Great cars, safe cars, great people.
Hard to get Bob on the phone, so tech is slow.
So make sure you tell them that is a big concern.
But his base line setup will get you in the ball park and any track, small to big half mile.
We went there this as well.
Most guys running Bobs stuff, if on facebook will also help you out.

What does it matter how much he knows if he wont answer the phone and tell you anyway ???? Nothing jacks me off like guys who sell product and wont answer the phone. Everyone in this industry should take notes from karsten bloom at kb carbs and tony woodward at woodward steering, those guys customer service and tech assistance its well beyond top notch ! When those guys talk everything that comes out of there mouth is gold ! Its really ashame there arent more guys like them out there !

Jake08
10-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Griffin performance in Quincy il is a dealer foe Pierce just call Tim he can sell you car and help with tech his son won the ump crate championship in a Bob Pierce late model this year .They are great cars

lm#9
10-24-2011, 09:01 PM
i have 2 of his cars and best switch i ever made set up book is very good and puts you right in ballpark there not a very big shop but everytime i have called and asked advice i always got it i met them this fall when i picked new car up and i got alot of info from bob and when you order something its sent out that day or next i was impressed with the way everything was laid out in there store also i have called or emailed tim and he is super nice and helpful steve

dualdj1
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
You have to remember they're racers too. Bobby has been running regularly and just finished his season this last weekend. My guess is that Bob will be around more often now that the kid's season is over.

supercomet32
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
so your saying that the Richards crew aren't racers too? of any shop in the middle of a season that will help you out its rocket. if a chassis builder can't be bothered to have tech support for his customers then he doesn't care about anything more than money.

also we don't play ball sports this isn't a ball park those bleachers aren't filled with ball sport fans...this is racing there is nothing in the ball park at every track. getting a car dialed in to each track is critical. being in the ball park is the same thing as being IN THE TRAILER. you show up to win or you load up and go home. if you approach racing any other way you need to stay home. you'll do yourself your family and your sponsors a favor.

Racer111
10-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Pierce cars are great cars.Bob is very helpful.I have owned 4 of his mods and 1 of his latemodels.As far as Rockets go i have never owned one but one of there top guys that recently left them tells me.There tech is a joke.They tell people different storys on tech.So you might be getting tech but its just a bunch of crap so you will feel good.

dirtcarz5
10-25-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks for the info but when i call some where i wanna talk to some one that nos something not ask n call you i never owned a new car i wanna no stuff before i spend all of my money

supercomet32
10-26-2011, 06:36 AM
I promise you the tech info you get form rocket is exactly what you need for your situation. I can see someone talking with a dealer as opposed to rocket getting bs. but I assure you IF rocket has proven it on their stopwatch to be fast im getting it without it being altered. my sources are spot on with what comes out of shinnston.

your friend is probably misinformed or biased against rocket for whatever reason he no longer works there and chances are he bsing you because of his bias towards another chassis.

if you attend the rocket school and the racewise school and get some seat time and practice what you learn youll definantly improve your program. shure there are some secrets that noone gets but rocket doesnt put their top echelon drivers out with bs info and that same info is whats used on my cars and no different than the numerous other drivers around me that are locals that dont have any connections and should be the ones who would receive bogus info if that were the case.

I call bs on your friends claim

ev36rayburn
10-26-2011, 07:47 AM
we are switching to pierce cars for 2012 and so far, we have been very happy. we started talking to bob in aug/sept and every time i either called or stopped in there pit area, he took the time to talk in person and explain his cars and parts, as well as answer any questions we had. when we were over at there shop last week, everyone there was nothing less than polite and professional. we went over our new ride in great detail and what we wanted, how, what, etc etc. They let us wonder the shop area and look at the cars they had going and check out anything going on. Ive called several times since then with questions and parts options etc and always got the info and answer i wanted. Well be going over next week to pick everything up and i expect nothing less than the same. Agreed too on a couple other posts, the set up sheets are very detailed and def seem a good starting point and go from there.

powerslide
10-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I promise you the tech info you get form rocket is exactly what you need for your situation. I can see someone talking with a dealer as opposed to rocket getting bs. but I assure you IF rocket has proven it on their stopwatch to be fast im getting it without it being altered. my sources are spot on with what comes out of shinnston.

your friend is probably misinformed or biased against rocket for whatever reason he no longer works there and chances are he bsing you because of his bias towards another chassis.

if you attend the rocket school and the racewise school and get some seat time and practice what you learn youll definantly improve your program. shure there are some secrets that noone gets but rocket doesnt put their top echelon drivers out with bs info and that same info is whats used on my cars and no different than the numerous other drivers around me that are locals that dont have any connections and should be the ones who would receive bogus info if that were the case.

I call bs on your friends claim

And who are you to call BS on his friends claim? I call BS on yours seeing as you think it takes 300hp to turn a indep rear susp.

Thought i would throw out that at any chassis business be in GRT Rocket Shaw lazer. If you call and talk to diff people each time you ARE going to get different answers to the same questions find someone in that shop you can talk to and dont talk to anyone else. If they arent available at that time call back later.

fastford
10-27-2011, 07:55 PM
it seems to me that with all the bigger companies , there is a direct relationship to the amount of money you spend and the amount and quality of info you receive thats why i like the smaller companies that are struggling like me, even if you only buy one bare chassis a year they are eager to help you, try that with joe garrison

supercomet32
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
It has been very well discussed all over the net, at the track, through the grapevine that Rocket has one of the best tech departments in this business. I have driven a dozen different Rockets in the past few years and talked with people both at the track and on the phone and not one bit of information that I have gotten has been bogus.

I get my cars directly from shinnston and have been in this business a long time. you dont just stop workign at a shop and start telling people that what they do is bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) when to the rest of the customers it isn,t without their being an ulterior reason behind that opinion.

If what he says is true then why would he be in direct conflict with the opinions of the majority of Rocket owners? people dont like the richards attitude, people dont like the bloomquist attitude but i assure you somewhere there is someone that doesnt like anyones atittude. people are biased against a person to they take it out on the business end and try to make them out to be liars cheats thieves and con artists but that simply is not the case.

also just because you dont agree with my opinion on another topic dont bring it here that isnt what this one is about. you want to discuss the indepenent suspension do it on the thread for it. i stand by what i said based on the knowledge of the topic and experience that i have with it. dont agree fine go do your own research. but i havent given you bullshyt info. i havent quoted you numbers without knowing what im talking about. Rocket doesnt lie to customers just to sell chassis. A former employee has to come in to question when they automatically start downing their former employer. usually they are just angry over their seperation and will do or say anything to get even.

fastford
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I have driven a dozen different Rockets in the past few years and talked with people both at the track and on the phone and not one bit of information that I have gotten has been b .

just my point, most racers ,like me, cant afford a dozen race cars in just a few years, as i said in my post above, i doubt richards would give me the time of day if i only spent 5 grand ever few years with him, JMO

mqdirtracer57
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
My advice would to be buy what wins in your area and give you the most tech support when needed. Getting a good base set-up is the key to making adjustments in the right direction...I have always been a GRT owner,now I have a Rocket. Rockets are what wins in my area and if I need a pointer or two,there are always a Rocket within a couple pits stalls away that is running good and willing to help me out.

supercomet32
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
If you bought a chassis from rocket or bought a rocket from anyone they will help you. some people think otherwise but they are wrong Rocket has one if not the best tech assistance programs in this business

GRT and Mastersbilt ranks righ tup there too...BOB PIERCE OR CJ RAYBURN...NOT EVEN CLOSE

fastford
10-28-2011, 02:01 PM
If you bought a chassis from rocket or bought a rocket from anyone they will help you. some people think otherwise but they are wrong Rocket has one if not the best tech assistance programs in this business

GRT and Mastersbilt ranks righ tup there too...BOB PIERCE OR CJ RAYBURN...NOT EVEN CLOSE
now you have to bring cj into this, i can remember a few years back when his stuff was winning alot of races, people said the same thing about him then that you are saying about rocket now, only difference was, cj would try and help the little man

hms_11
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I have no opinion on any other chassis builder, I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones, but I have only been in the DLM game 2 years and have only driven Rockets up to this point so thats what I have to base my experience off of.

Last year was my first season and we ran in the DIRT Pro Late Model division wayyyyy up here in Ontario, Canada. I bought a used 2007 Black front car privately. Needless to say, I had LOTS of questions after coming from a street stock class. Anthony at Rocket ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS went out of his way to help me... and this was before I had ever spent a dime with them. This year we purchased a new chassis, and after the amazing support we received it was impossible for me to consider anyone but Rocket so we went with a shiny new 2011 Blue/Grey. I should probably say that I only bought a bare chassis with (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and deck, not a full roller.

If thats not the definition of helping the "little guy" or getting great tech without spending a dime.... I don't know what is.

Again, not knocking any other chassis builders tech.... but if a no-name crate driver out of Canada can get great help from Rocket without spending a dime... anyone can.

I should probably note that I have never called them though. I'm too busy throughout the work day to get to a phone so I always just shoot them an email. I think the longest I've waited on an answer is 2 hours.

supercomet32
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
cj will help you but he doesn't have a serious technical support. that was what i was referring to with cj. no shock ideas, no 4 bar ideas, nothing in terms of front end geometry. and i can see why pierce would revamp a rayburn to make it his own but as far as tech neither have it and bob is too busy to take his chassis business serious if he can't have someone that understands tech answer the questions that come in.

24jmod
10-30-2011, 09:28 PM
I live in NY and I am one of two drivers driving a BPRC super late model in NY and I think PA for that matter.....could be wrong of course but anyways.....the only cars I have driven are a BPRC and I will say that they drive awesome right out of the box with bobs starting setups.....I will admit yes the tech support directly from bob is a little slow but he is a one man band right now when it comes to that and with his son racing it might be hard for him. I have only called bob three times and all three times he got back to me late that night or the next day.....but like someone said earlier in this thread get on Facebook and ask some other pierce drivers what they are doing.....or like someone posted on here give one of Bobs other dealers a call they will help you out....I call Brent Rhebergen all the time to get tech help cause he is running bobs late models and he is the NY/PA/OH dealer and he is alot of help and we shar information and we have made great strides with are cars this year up here in NY....I think bobs cars are great cars to drive....I have two of them and I will stand behind them....so I would look into it a little more yourself before ruling out a BPRC

fastford
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I have no opinion on any other chassis builder, I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones, but I have only been in the DLM game 2 years and have only driven Rockets up to this point so thats what I have to base my experience off of.

Last year was my first season and we ran in the DIRT Pro Late Model division wayyyyy up here in Ontario, Canada. I bought a used 2007 Black front car privately. Needless to say, I had LOTS of questions after coming from a street stock class. Anthony at Rocket ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS went out of his way to help me... and this was before I had ever spent a dime with them. This year we purchased a new chassis, and after the amazing support we received it was impossible for me to consider anyone but Rocket so we went with a shiny new 2011 Blue/Grey. I should probably say that I only bought a bare chassis with (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and deck, not a full roller.

If thats not the definition of helping the "little guy" or getting great tech without spending a dime.... I don't know what is.

Again, not knocking any other chassis builders tech.... but if a no-name crate driver out of Canada can get great help from Rocket without spending a dime... anyone can.

I should probably note that I have never called them though. I'm too busy throughout the work day to get to a phone so I always just shoot them an email. I think the longest I've waited on an answer is 2 hours.

so you bought a new chassis from them and have never picked up a phone and called them? wow i must be a little behind on this computer stuff, ive always liked to hear the voice of the person im dealing with ever now and then, but to each his own.

hms_11
11-01-2011, 12:36 PM
so you bought a new chassis from them and have never picked up a phone and called them? wow i must be a little behind on this computer stuff, ive always liked to hear the voice of the person im dealing with ever now and then, but to each his own.

Well... I did talk to them on the phone twice. Once to give them my credit card number to put the deposit on the new car... and once because my Canadian accent/terminology is different then Anthonys West Virginian english.... lol
I have nothing against the phone and sometimes its the only way... but it's just not practical for me to spend 1/2hr -1hr on the phone during the work day... I can shoot him an email with any question or problem I'm having, and can normally include more details then with a phone conversation because I can attach pictures or a video from our on board camera. I find the more information you can give them the better the answer is going to be.
I sometimes wonder if most peoples problems with tech help isn't just a poorly described problem.

jason29a
11-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I think people try to rely to much on the chassis builders. And like to blame poor driving and poor track tuning on bad tech support. 90% of the teams out there wouldn't run any better if they had Mark Richards or Barry Wright tuning the car.

fastford
11-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I think people try to rely to much on the chassis builders. And like to blame poor driving and poor track tuning on bad tech support. 90% of the teams out there wouldn't run any better if they had Mark Richards or Barry Wright tuning the car.
i agree 100%

hucktyson
11-04-2011, 06:14 PM

I would be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that 95% of teams would run better with ronnie stuckey phyisically standing there at the track working on there race car ... Im not saying they would win but neither did you , you simply said "run better"

hpmaster
11-05-2011, 06:57 AM
I would be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that 95% of teams would run better with ronnie stuckey phyisically standing there at the track working on there race car ... Im not saying they would win but neither did you , you simply said "run better"

I have to agree. More than once I have had some very knowledgeable guys watch how I was running and suggest a change and more times than not they were right. I personally find it hard "see" changes needed from the seat sometimes, that's where the knowledgeable guys would be a plus.

supercomet32
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I bet you would see a better adjustment choice 95% of the time with th local guys though. on the tours probably 65%. the manufacturer knows more about what his cars do than the local teams.

with the help of a shock builder in your area is about as close and probably better investment. but not just shock builder but one who puts cars in victory lane.

but someone needs to listen to the builders they are the designers and are the starting point to know whats underneath you. people are biased against companies like rocket because of attitudes that they have 50% influence on in the way they may have approached, communicated with and perceived the information they were given. negative attitudes are often at the root of the problem. If you approach the builder with an open mind when it is something you haven't tried before eyoull get better results i promise you. my opinion a rocket takes a rocket behind the wheel that isnt afraid to let it rip in the corner and a lot of other builders cars won't let you do that so when a rocket blows by where they are slowing down it hurts their feelings. not to say rocket is the only one just an example. everybody is on the throttle down the straight but in the corners on the gas and passing tends to crumple fenders and feelings....jus saying don't matter if its a masters, a masters by mars, a bloomquist

Canadian
11-08-2011, 08:32 AM
And make sure that you all race on the same clay/sand/dirt every week, and all live the the same part of the country right !
From Florida to Illinous to Cali to Canada nothing is the same so eveyone will have a different idea what will work best, or if you do as chassis builder says and it doesn't help then what????? That's were the different answers come from most of the times. This is also why we are all here to listen/read other peoples questions and take answers or give them om this board.
They are OPINIONS not law, and everyone can have one.
What works for HMS11 may not work for Fastford or me.
Pros and cons are answers no BASHING people or companys.
Some like Rocket some like Pierce some like Bloomquist because of good or bad dealings.

supercomet32
11-09-2011, 06:15 AM
If you do what the manufacturer tells you and its working for 90% of the rest of his drivers your driver needs an adjustment or isnt driving it as intended. you cant run a rayburn balls deep in the corner like you can a rocket that said driving a rocket in like a rayburn doesnt carry the same momentum it needs and doesnt drive the same out. listen to what they tell you in terms of how the car is meant to be driven versus how youve been driving and getting beat.

geometry is geometry no matter what kind of racing surface your on. sure some tracks have more or less grip than others but the same track isnt the same day in and day out. but as far as chassis adjustments and shock adjustment nothing beats a good shock builder with sucess on the tours and nothing beats a reputable builder that not only builds safe and adjustable cars but has a team that is winning for his house car. r&d comes from somewhere and each situation is different but the reasons for all adjustments are the same, j bar provides side bite 4 bars provide rear stear and forward bite adn the driver needs to know how to point the nose and when to/not apply the brakes or throttle and and there is a learning curve....some people just dont listen some dont understand and most try to wing it. not a winning combination so listen to the advice of those that DO.....they didnt win by keyboard jockeying what they thought would or wouldnt work they got it by trying and experiementing with a consistant driving technique or left it alone and adjusted the driver's technique till a match was formed.

fastford
11-09-2011, 06:03 PM
i would be willing to bet a person could take all the different chassis mentioned in this post, put lets say a rocket set up on all of them, put the same driver in each car and let him make 10 laps in each , when its over ill bet all his times would be very close and he probably couldnt tell you which chassis was which without looking, then you could put a masters set up on them and recieve the same results, what im saying is there all so much alike that i dont believe the specific builders set up is that much different than the others, therefore i feel the builders set up is a starting point and accounts for about 40%, the rest is up to the driver and that everso important person in the stands watching the car to get the other 60%

supercomet32
11-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Its not just the manufacturers setup its the geometry to that setup. if the chassis are all of different geometry then they would be a night and day difference with the same setup on them.

how the car is built with the specific angles and amounts of suspension travel intended is where the differences are at. just getting the scale numbers right and and same springs and shocks wont accomplish the same travel at the same time.