PDA

View Full Version : best way to get sponsors?

rubbinsracin
10-27-2011, 08:33 PM
what would be everyones tips on approaching sponsors. the offseason is here for a majority of us and i would like get some help myself, and maybe help some other people who could use some more sponsorship dollars!

ask0329
10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
From my expierence talent has very little if nothing at all to do with it. In my opinion getting sponsorship ultimately boils down to two things.

1. Its all who you know. You'll have a better chance getting a sponsor if you know the owner or manager of a business personaly. To take it a step further if you know an employee that may be able to get a good word in for you helps as well.

2. Own your own business and sponsor yourself. I see guys here in the NE that run $30K NE Dirt mods and have a stacker trailer that finish in the bottom third of the results week in and week out. So some research later come to find out they own the company that is sponsoring their team.

I hate to sound negative but from allot I've seen here in the NE and the racing world thats what it boils down to. I've seen a local garbage company sponsor a racing lawn mower for $300 and the mower doesnt even run here but once a month. They travel the east coast. Now how is that target market working for that garbage company? Cause the owner and racer are friends. Hell a $300 sponsor on my IMCA would pay for my fuel bill for the year and I would be putting that company out in from of 3,000+ fans weekely. But I dont know the guy.............