PDA

View Full Version : BWRC House Car?

Pete
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows whats different on the new house car compared to the previous one? Saw on an interveiw with Jonathan that they built a new car an has now one 4 out of 5 races! Seen on racin junk alot of BWRC forsale. Been considering getting one, but alittle concerned if theres a problem with certain month, year, or options? Or if they were just tring something and went back to what they build daily in the shop. Thank for any info. Congrats an nice job team 49!!!

dchamp3
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
He changed some of the rf susp. made it longer, moved the battery nothing that can't be done to the 2010-2011 cars do it your self really helped his cars doing this made the cars tighter. now you can bend the cars in the middle of the corner and still traction up on slick tracks really good cars.

jason29a
11-03-2011, 08:37 AM
I saw them at Magnolia last week. The car looked great. But a lot of it is Jonathan just got up on the wheel. He led the first part up on the wall. Then dropped to 3rd a half track behind. Then about lap 70 found a 3rd groove and used a little rut in 3 and 4 to come back and win by half track. Great car, but also great driving and just shear will to win.

Dirt Man
11-04-2011, 11:36 AM
He changed some of the rf susp. made it longer, moved the battery nothing that can't be done to the 2010-2011 cars do it your self really helped his cars doing this made the cars tighter. now you can bend the cars in the middle of the corner and still traction up on slick tracks really good cars.

I can't believe thats all he did. If that would be the case, he could have done that to their existing car. Besides that if it would be an easy bolt on fix I don't think you would see all the 2011 cars on the classified boards!

3wheelinphotos
11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I have been told by MANY MANY MANY people who have seen this "NEW" car that its the same car just has a 19" RF lower package on it which is going to help him in the flat track, slow and slick where they have ALWAYS struggled at. The BWRC house car has struggled for a WHILE now when the tracks get slow and slick...besides Charlotte last year but he was smart and had a D70 on RR when nobody else did. But he will be one to watch this weekend.

dchamp3
11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Well Dirtman we have 2010 and he showed us what he changed , we did it to are made one hell of a different in the slick.

hucktyson
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Theres an awful lot of newer bwrc cars for sale .... and like a previous poster said why did he have to build a new one if those were the only changes??

EAMShater
11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
He went back to the 09 car. You know.... the car that won all the money. They just went back to what worked. Which if I had the new car I'd be mad because they sold something that was untested and unproven and it screwed alot of people. I have an 09earful and love it. Especially in the slick..

jason29a
11-05-2011, 01:04 AM
That's how it works. If you don't come out with something new people would just say well I'll keep my old car since nothing changed on the new one.

hucktyson
11-05-2011, 08:48 AM
That's how it works. If you don't come out with something new people would just say well I'll keep my old car since nothing changed on the new one.

Ok so lets say you have paul walkers face and gsp's body and my "game" every single time you go anywhere your getting laid if you wangt to... so at that point do you purposely gain a 100 pounds of pud just to try something different ?? I mean if it were me i would use whats working/winning untill it no longer is then i would search for the next best thing. A guy made a really good point to me a few months ago about shocks..... years ago rocket was the big afco dealer and it was said you had to have afco shocks... and as soon as everyone of there customers had a garage full of afco shocks they stopped selling those and told everyone they needed ohlins... once all the rocket guys had a garage full of ohlins all the sudden integra is the only company that knows there ass from a hole in the ground ..... with all of the guys that are running ohlins and winning major racers, all of team zero, moyer,oneal etc etc are you really going to tell me integra is a superior product ?? I fully understand racers are willing to spend there mortage payment to buy the next newest big thing but that doesnt mean its better. Those people who spent way too much money buying 2010/2011 bwrc cars and going to be extremely hard to convince to come back after buying cars that apparantely ran like $hit. Just wondering how much are they ?? seen chip brindle trying to sell a used 2011 for 28 grand on racing junk...

rebreb
11-05-2011, 11:21 AM
We have an 05 BWRC updated front in 07 longer ball joint studs on the top, 06 port city spindles, 8 rf upper, 18 1/8 rf lower. Can i update to the 09 front end or will the rack and chassis hookup points need to be changed? Thanks

EAMShater
11-05-2011, 02:17 PM
the 09 cars have curved uprights that the uppers mount to.. i believe all the years prior were straight so they would cut those out to put the new ones in but that is it i believe.. mine has the same lower as what you have on yours and i run like a 9 inch upper i think.. I havent touched mine in a while.. lol fishin costs less

rebreb
11-12-2011, 06:54 AM
So could i no t get the same result by moving the a frame to the inside using a split upper

EAMShater
11-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Yep. I didnt think of that. If I get time today ill go measure my front end and let you know what length for sure.

rebreb
11-13-2011, 05:41 AM
what are the starting specs as well thanks

EAMShater
11-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Starting specs? Camber and caster I assume? I am going in a minute and will check..

Kevin20ump
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
I have been told by MANY MANY MANY people who have seen this "NEW" car that its the same car just has a 19" RF lower package on it which is going to help him in the flat track, slow and slick where they have ALWAYS struggled at. The BWRC house car has struggled for a WHILE now when the tracks get slow and slick...besides Charlotte last year but he was smart and had a D70 on RR when nobody else did. But he will be one to watch this weekend.So, what all comes with this package? A 19" rf lower and...............................