PDA

View Full Version : Be A Better Racer Driving and Chassis School

Dave Ely
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Be A Better Racer Driving and Chassis School Announces an All Star Lineup of Teachers
January 8, 2012 will be the date for the inaugural Be A Better Racer Driving and Chassis School at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster, PA. The event is being organized by veteran sprint car driver and DMI/Bulldog Rear Sales Manager, Dave Ely and his wife Jennifer. Dave stated, “This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and finally decided to do it. Our teaching lineup is more than I could have imagined. I’ve already told my staff I expect them to hold nothing back! I can’t wait for the 8th!”
Three separate classes will be held for Dirt Late Models, DIRT Modifieds and Winged Sprint Cars. All divisions of each class can benefit from attending the class.
The day will begin with the late model chassis and driving school. Teaching the 9am class will be veteran driver Booper Bare and successful crew chief Huey Wilcoxon. Booper is one of the all-time best late model shoes in the region and Wilcoxon is coming off another stellar year with driver Jamie Lathroum. In addition, Huey sells the Mastersbilt by Huey Chassis and Integra MBH Shocks that have been increasingly popular among late model racers. Ely commented, “I’m ecstatic to have Booper and Huey. Not only are they veteran, successful racers, but they have teaching experience. It should be a great class.”
The second class of the day will be at 12:30 and will focus on DIRT modifieds. Teaching the class will be one of the best DIRT Modified drivers of all time, “The Doctor” Danny Johnson and his car owner/crew chief Mike Payne. Danny and Mike are coming off another successful season that included a win in the Eastern States 200 and the 358 Super DIRT Championship. Dave said, “What do I need to say about the Doctor? He’s as good as they come, on any night, in any division, there’s no one better. Mike has a long history in the sport. Like Huey, he’s always on the cutting edge in chassis and shock technology. His Quick Time Shock business is used by many top racers.”
The third and final class of the day begins at 4pm and focuses on winged sprint cars. Instructing the class will be one of the world’s top sprint car racers over the last fifteen years Greg Hodnett, and his renowned mechanic, Lethal Lee Stauffer. Again this past season, they were the leading winners in the area including victories against the World of Outlaws and the All Stars. Ely talked about his sprint car staff, “Greg is going to be great. He’s beaten them all and proven year after year that he can get the job done. Lethal will be great also. He works really hard to be one of the last creative minds in the sport.”
Each class will be three hours in length. The end of each session will be an extensive question and answer session. The class is designed for the driver and a crew member to attend and focuses on the importance of good communication to a winning program. Each student will receive a text book full of information, maintenance schedules, set-up sheets and manufacturer’s coupons. In addition to the school, DMI/Bulldog Rears will be hosting an attendee only open house. The classes will be limited in size and are expected to fill up quickly. The cost for the driver and crew member team to attend is only $179.95. Ely commented, “We really want to offer our students a big bang for the buck. With the manufacturer coupons, the fee to attend the class becomes virtually nothing and the knowledge gained is priceless.” For more information visit www.BeABetterRacer.com or call (484)794-2993.