PDA

View Full Version : Soft Tire Setups

croston71
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I want to read ideas on an approach to ultilizing softer tire compounds than the majority of the field such as Real Deal Don O'Neal at the DTWC or is it chassis selection that determines the tire compound ?.
I believe the advantage would be quicker take offs on start & restarts & more consistent elapsed lap times. I am thinking a chassis with less shock fade !
A chassis that has more precise wieght distribution so less weight transfer is needed.
Any good ideas will be passed along for maximum profitablity!

BMR
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Track condition will determine tire compound selection, unless you must run a spec tire.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2011, 01:26 PM
It is all in how you drive the car.

croston71
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
I think I can disprove a generally accepted thought( rule of thumb). I will EXPLAIN later & help you understand Y tire treatments are NEVER needed unless somebody convinces me it is not in my best interests !!!!:eek:

croston71
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I read Pro Blend has annual sales approximately of 2.5 million dollars.
I know Jack Roush stated he believed the Rainbow Warriors were cheating at one point. I lived in Little Hocking, Ohio were the water supply has trace amounts of C8 from DuPont Washington Works Plant. I am aware many by-products are repackaged & sold because of the cost of disposal. Tire treatments claim to be undectable in many cases. Is this before after fires? My racing experience I learned to run softer compounds longer & harder than the majority of the field. A feat frowned upon because a person such as myself was either a cheater or I was gonna cost these companies sales revenue. I have been vocal about my plight so I will begin to spread my propaganda because I have NOTHIN TO LOSE.