PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Burnoff hurting?

racer241
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Our team has been running Matersbilt Smackdown cars and they are both on alcohol just because that is what we started our program with and havent put money down for gas equipment yet. The car i drive has been pretty darn racy if there is some form of grip to hit or if the track is really rubbered up but it seems to suffer on the dusty tracks. This weekend especially, started a main 8th run to 4th and after a couple quick cautions didnt want to move forward anymore ending up falling back late. Could fuel burnoff with the alky be an issue? Scaled car after race it had 54% left and 53% rear with driver in, after a main. Any suggestions would be awesome! Oh and i believe the car starts with around 55 or so rear with full fuel

joedoozer
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I run 53% rear as well, but we don't have much HP. Probably somewhere in the 450 range. And we do just fine with 53%. But I can imagine with a stronger motor, you will need more rear %. Try scaling the car with the amount of fuel it will have at the end of the feature. And put your rear % at 55.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Our team has been running Matersbilt Smackdown cars and they are both on alcohol just because that is what we started our program with and havent put money down for gas equipment yet. The car i drive has been pretty darn racy if there is some form of grip to hit or if the track is really rubbered up but it seems to suffer on the dusty tracks. This weekend especially, started a main 8th run to 4th and after a couple quick cautions didnt want to move forward anymore ending up falling back late. Could fuel burnoff with the alky be an issue? Scaled car after race it had 54% left and 53% rear with driver in, after a main. Any suggestions would be awesome! Oh and i believe the car starts with around 55 or so rear with full fuel

Your description sounds like a tire issue.

Matt49
11-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Your description sounds like a tire issue.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like your tires are not firing after the cautions. If you're running a soft tire on a hard slick track and it's over heating and then a caution comes out...it could easily glaze over under caution. After that, you're pretty much done for the rest of the race.

racer241
11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
we are running the d55 tires and we have them fairly siped, we've never had sealing problems that i can tell, never seen our tires glaze or get any color in them, maybe the sipe pattern we have just isn't great for restarts?

joedoozer
11-18-2011, 02:09 PM
The cell I have in my car is massive, it looks like a gas grill under there. I can't move the cell left to right, because it's as wide as the frame rails. After scaling my car this week I added 6 gallons to the tank and it added 25 lbs of bite. Burn off like this would loosen middle and exit. Especially if you scaled your car with a full load of fuel and you have the same situation I do. Our track tightens up as the night goes on, so mine isn't so much a problem.