PDA

View Full Version : building new car

dirt fox
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
im building a new car. i got it down to the bare frame. i have welded all the seams and boxed the frame. any other things that i should do while i have the chance? what about the front a arm towers? i usually just drop the front of the rf down to the frame to help out the anti dive and move the lf out about half an inch. any better ideas? thanks for the help

dirt daddy
11-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Put a X in the frame & drill all ur mountin holes to 1/2" box tube & X the back half 2

newguy
11-13-2011, 01:49 AM
is boxing the frame rails really necesary?

dirt daddy
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes & no most of them r rusty & or weak so it make it stronger safer & looks cleaner makes a little easyer 2 mount the fuelcell

dirty white boy
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
is boxing the frame rails really necesary?

if there in good shape,..box them in,..if rusted out,..cut out an replace with square tube if rules allow...

dirt fox
11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
any info on the towerrs?

fast_crew
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Put a small tube (1/2-1") from the lower trailing arm bracket to the X brace or maybe to the frame if no X brace. The brackets can bend pretty easily if in a wreck, and the brackets crack after awhile. The upper control arm brackets woulkd depend on the rest of the front suspension. I would level them out some atleast, lower them down to increase upper a arm angle. move the RF in if using impala/caprice spindles, and stock uppers. Move the LF out if using stock spindles and uppers. What ever you do, try and fix the bump steer as much as rules allow.