PDA

View Full Version : im new and need some help

robbie124
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
hey guys im new to this forum and new to dirt racing.. i just came off 4 decent seasons dragracing and just thought id try somthing new.. i mostly have just ran big block chevy stuff so this small block stuff u dirt guys use are kinda new to me... i am in the process of building a 13.5:1 360 with a set of 23degree track 1 heads that have had some moderate port work done.. my question is what carb do u all recomend and what is involved in converting a drag race carb to a round track carb. i have a couple to choose from..holley 750 hp mechanical set up for drag racing and a holley 830 hp also a drag race carb.. thanks in advance

robbie

o yeah i will be running gas

jsf74
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Just buy a new or used Holley hp and be done with it.

robbie124
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Thax for the reply but I don't like to buy used carbs unless I see them ran and its kinda hard to do that this time a year I was wanting to convert the 750 HP I have to make it work for round track I am pretty sure that it won't need the jet exstensions in the back any more but like I said I don't have a clue a bout round track yet.

powerslide
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Thax for the reply but I don't like to buy used carbs unless I see them ran and its kinda hard to do that this time a year I was wanting to convert the 750 HP I have to make it work for round track I am pretty sure that it won't need the jet exstensions in the back any more but like I said I don't have a clue a bout round track yet.

If you are converting one i would call a good builder they will know what all needs changed. i would bet the floats need to be diff not sure what else. KB, Willys, Braswell should all be able to tell you what needs done. Smaller shops Larrys carb in oklahoma and then kinetic performance could probably help you out as well.

smirk
11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Slow down the linkage, floats, get rid of jet extensions. Make sure correct power valves

robbie124
11-12-2011, 01:24 AM
thanks for the help

dlm82
11-12-2011, 07:26 AM
send your carb to karsten at KB carbs. he has a drag racing background. I am sure he can rework your carb and save a little change!!