PDA

View Full Version : Rocket shock ?

bb14
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
What would happen if you ran shocks for a black front on a blue car? Shocks are adjustable. Should you adjust and why?

zeke23z
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
What valvings and what are you trying to accomplish?

bb14
11-14-2011, 05:14 AM
I have twin tubes on a black front and just bought a set that Are valved for blue car. I was told that each car is specific and was wondering what to expect. I bought them used and am waiting on the dyno sheets. I know the blue car usually runs a stiffer right front so I assumed there is a difference. I was told there isn't a big difference and I was told by someone else that there is if the shocks were specifically valved for a specific car.

I got a good deal on the shocks and thought about taking them to ohlins since I am close and calling Rocket. I just didn't want to put them on and create a problem since I am a beginner.

zeke23z
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Are they double adjustables?

bb14
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I should have stated that the shocks I bought are ohlins lmj canister. My question is what is the difference in blue and black or are the shocks the same. After reading more posts I think I need to take them to ohlins and let Jason check them.

Regardless, can anyone explain the difference in the black soft spring vs blue stiffer spring?

Thanks.

jason29a
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Take them to Ohlins and have them dyno'd to know exactly what they are. Then have them explain pounds/inches per second and how that relates to valving. Different brands have different valve curves. But all can be tuned and adjusted to what you like. So the first step is learning what you have, knowing what is recommend, combined with what your car and driver like. There's no magic formula.