PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare 4th at Octoberfest..Thank You Ernie Davis

prodirtcar32
11-15-2011, 07:33 AM
November 15, 2011

Booper charges to front in shortened Octoberfest “100” Loco-Motives team heads to Blue Gray 100 to close out 2011.

A crisp beautiful November Saturday morning greeted competitors at Hagerstown Speedway where four of the East Coast’s top dirt track divisions all converged for the annual Octoberfest 350 weekend. After being postponed last month because of snow, the weather could not have been better for this year’s edition of the Fall Classic. Drawing the number 78 pill Booper Bare and team unloaded the Jim Stasiowski owned Mastersbilt by Huey #37 knowing they had their work cut out for them. Booper rolled off from the last row in his competitive heat #4 and on the slick daytime surface was able to pass a number of cars, taking the checkered in 6th place. With 5 cars qualifying, the team went right to work preparing the car for the all important B-Main. A good turn of fate greeted the team as they were informed that the winner of Heat #4 did not make the required weight, moving the #37 up one spot in the finishing order, locking Booper into Sunday’s 100 lap $10,000 to win feature.

When the teams unloaded Sunday morning, they were greeted with unfortunate news that the track was going to have to cut the pay-out due to poor attendance, and in turn was going to reduce the laps in the features from 100 to 50. Ten minutes later it was announce that the original payout had been secured and that all the racers were going to get the advertised purse, but the features were going to remain at 50 laps. Booper and the team made some changes to the Loco-Motives/Roush Yates/MBH mount in preparation for daytime surface on the big half mile. Rolling off 20th Booper knew there was no pacing himself and got up on the wheel right away. The car was great as Booper was able to pass both high & low on the racy surface. Even a slight tangle with a lapped car late in the race which sent #37 into a complete 360 spin without producing a caution couldn’t stop his charge to the front. When the checkered flag waved Booper had passed 16 cars in route to an outstanding 4th place finish.

“The car was great today” said Booper from his Rockbridge Baths, VA race shop. “Chris & Merritt worked hard and with Huey’s help we made some changes to the car that really worked well. We ended up with another great finish in Jim’s car and the Roush motor just ran great. I need to really thank Jim for giving me such good equipment. I know the wins are right around the corner. Saturday night was my 23rd wedding anniversary and for my wife to love spending our anniversary racing and having dinner with the crew is just a great thing. She might not get all the credit she deserves but she is a very big part of my racing” added Bare.

“I want to make sure that everyone knows that Ernie Davis stepped up and guaranteed the purse so we could all get what was advertised. Ernie has been in the sport for a long time and his generosity and love for dirt late model racing is second to none. I publicly want to thank him and hope every driver does the same” said Booper.

The team will spend next weekend in Gaffney, South Carolina for Cherokee Speedway’s 21st Edition on the Blue Gray 100. The race will pay $10,000 to the winner and will conclude Booper’s 2011 season.

Loco-Motives, LLC is a family owned company started, very simply as a children’s amusement area within a Washington D.C. shopping mall. Over the past several years the company has grown to the point of having its trackless train systems in shopping malls & centers from Coast to Coast. Providing its clients with a full service operation including equipment, fully trained operators, insurance, marketing partnerships and most importantly fun has been the main reason behind Loco-Motive’s success without sacrificing any of the company’s core values. For more information on Loco-Motives, please check out their web site at www.shoppingmalltrains.com.

Look for an all new Loco-Motives Racing web site to be unveiled in the next few weeks at www.locomotivesracing.com. The interactive site will keep you up to date with all the happenings of both the 17 & 37 teams as well as the Loco-Motive Racing community.

Remember to stop by the trailer and pick up your new 2011 Booper Bare Sprouse/Cromer Motorsports T-Shirt. Keep up to date at the team’s official home on the web. www.booperbare.com

Booper would like to thank all of the #83 sponsors:
Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, $MaryAnn, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson Race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Booper would like to thank all of the #37 supporters:
Loco-Motives, LLC, RoushYates Engines, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson Race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Upcoming Races:
*** Subject to Change***
November 20th – Cherokee Speedway – Blue Gray 100