PDA

View Full Version : how to adjust your car with wedge

lpd1
11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
im looking for some insite on wedge adjustments, with are rockets black, blue-grey we ad wedge when the track slicks off to keep traction from center off on the gas but after you get to about 180 lbs it seems to quit helping? i think what we are trying to achieve is keeping lr drive in the car once the track slicks off and starts getting black? we also tried dropping the lr bottom rod one hole and it seem to help a little but i never wend past the 3rd hole from the bottom? im not looking for a setup with percentages and shock settings just some feed back on how to keep drive i the car? we set are blue rocket up by the book with ida shocks lr top rod 3rd hole up, lr bottom start at 4th hole up and go down when it slicks off, rr top 4th hole up and rr bottom 3rd hole up. thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-15-2011, 06:07 PM
What has static wedge done for you once the car is on the bars? Think about it...

lpd1
11-15-2011, 07:12 PM
not sure what your meaning by that? i dont think you can simunlate what your car does while on the bars and on scales?

4bangerhotrod
11-15-2011, 07:29 PM
once your on the bars the car is off or close to being off the spring. once this happens wedge is doing nothing. do you raise your LT rod any, you mentioned lowering your LB rod but not raising your top
thanks
4bangerhotrod

lpd1
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
i leave it in the 3rd hole up some people told me if i go higher then that it will start hurting me instead of helping?? i have like7 holes on the lr top rod?

rubbinsracin
11-15-2011, 09:16 PM
rule of thumb used to be that if you get past 45* at full drop, you are losing out. we try to stay around 38-42* in most instances

dualdj1
11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Yep on a bar car your wedge is going to effect your off throttle (ie corner entry to throttle pickup). Identify the area you're having problems in, and look at and understand how the system works, then you'll find your answer.

huntingrip
11-18-2011, 07:56 AM
top bar up , bottom down, both would help.. would`nt a softer spring, and less wedge mean less resistance to the rotation of the birdcage, which should promote bar angle, and drive?