PDA

View Full Version : Battery/fuel cell location

crowdpleazer
11-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Battery currently mounted high on left side.I can move cell forwards 2.75" w/out moving battery, but can move it close to 6" if i relocate it to right side.What do you guys think?I like the idea of getting cell closer to rear axle..(230 lb driver)

PIERCE3J
11-17-2011, 11:21 AM
You're going to be moving an awful lot of weight to the R.R. and taking a lot of rear and left side % out. Need more info. What is the L.S. and rear % now? What type of chassis is it and what do they recommend doing? What size cell? How high is it in the chassis? If your L.S. % is too high for slick tracks, you can move the battery and /or raise the cell to get the R.R. to stick better. I don't think I'd move the cell foreward, though. You'll probably lose foreward bite.

racin6mod
11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
sounds like your looking at what the latemodel guy's are doing.they have gone to fuel cells that are shaped to fit the rear clip and the batteries are on mounted between the cell and the rr and in some cases centered in the chassis I had a photo once of a rocket that had the battery mounted above the trany.