PDA

View Full Version : Metric & Nova lowers

raceking26
11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Going to convert a metric stub to run the nova lowers. got a couple questions

1. what is the best spindle to run? Pinto, metric, impala?

2. If impala, what rotor do you use?

3. What balljoints (based on the spindle choice)?

Thanks

dirttrackrocker
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
The most common I believe is the pinto. It turns quicker and I believe it's lighter than the GM. The down fall is the long bump steer spacers you have to run. I am going to run the ones Hammond Motorsports sells this year. They are a tall GM spindle with the steering arm below the lower ball joint boss. The big plus is, I can use my existing metric rotors. I don't have any experience with them yet, but, that's what I'm putting on my car this year.

AH55
11-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Going to convert a metric stub to run the nova lowers. got a couple questions

1. what is the best spindle to run? Pinto, metric, impala?

2. If impala, what rotor do you use?

3. What balljoints (based on the spindle choice)?

Thanks
Pinto is generally the most popular choice. I've never ran Pinto spindles so I can't say if it's a noticeable difference or not. I converted my car to nova lowers at the beginning of the year and decided to go with Impala spindles, based on running IMCA and the stamped pinto's were too rich for my blood. I initially had the car sprung a bit soft but after adjusting front springs, I have no complaints about the Impala spindles. I'm running the Impala rotor with metric calipers by using a caliper adaptor speedway sells. If you end up going Impala, the balljoint I used is an allstar all56212.