PDA

View Full Version : Nose location?

lm98
11-17-2011, 02:14 PM
For the past few years, I have seen the noses on the better aero cars offset to the passenger side a bit, such that the driver's side from front to back of car made a longer flow path (somewhat banana shaped if viewed from the top). That made sense to me. Recently, I saw that a new Gen-X car had the nose offset to the driver's side. Does anybody know why such a change is desirable?

jbh25
11-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Anyone ????

Killacam39
11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
They mount them that way to keep the nose down on flat tracks sence the rf is down already the more you move it to the left the more it holds the left side down nose down ass up = max down force due to less air under the car.

bizkit
11-25-2011, 06:35 PM
How much off center (to driver side) do we go?

Pranksterl87
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I build bumpers for a lot of different chassis. I usually build the bumpers with a 1 1/2" offset to the drivers side of the car. The driver or car owner has the option to move the plastic nose over an additional 1" and still fit the bumper correctly.I run mine straight up center of the car........Yes it is for aero reasons, moving the nose to divers side.
Hope that help,
Richard

mqdirtracer57
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I also think the reason you can move them a little more to left is so they don't drag the ground through the corner. Otherwise you would have to mount the nose further off the ground which would allow air under the car.