PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein COB shock

Hagen14t
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey guys i was just wondering what the difference between a normal bilstein shock and the "COB" style. I have a 3-7 COB shock on my left rear and i just wanted to make sure that would work?

sobe92
11-18-2011, 10:02 PM
The COB is a designation of an extra shim/spring style block off plate typically under the stack to prevent cross bleed from the big valving split. say you had soft rebound and stiff compression with a typical bilstein d/d piston (non cob) you would be softer on compression and stiffer on rebound because it does cross from other other side some. with the cob you get alot more compression and less rebound out of the same build.

some are flipping this setup over to use it on the fronts with high rebound and low compression (rf) as well but it does take some feel away.

Hagen14t
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the response. Do you think that 3-7 shock i have on my left rear is a good one to have there? And also one more question. I have a 9 -2 super pin down shock on my right front. Do you think them two shocks will work in them areas? Any chance that i will lose forward bite? Thanks for responses.

Hagen14t
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
That 9-2 on my right front is also a COB. I just want to make sure these two shocks will work where they are at. On a slick track, do you want the right front pinned down and the left rear holding the car up on the bars like that or will it lose drive since its pinned down?

sobe92
11-20-2011, 07:27 PM
that is the trend to tie down the rf hard and keep the lr up but if you feel like you are loose off because the rf is pinned too hard like a loose throttle to exit take some rebound out of the rf.