PDA

View Full Version : Cook takes Gobbler victory while Ogle claims SAS championship in Cleveland

Returning to Dirt
11-20-2011, 07:21 AM
http://tennesseeracer.com/?p=2106

Great crowd on hand to see Cook dominate the race. There was a little bit of controversy in qualifying involving the two top championship contenders.

castone
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Read about 3 reports on this race, and did not see where the number of Supers were posted . I may have over looked it does anyone know how many supers were there? Thanks

latemodel28d
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
if the 201 wrecked in qual, WHY did they allow him to requal and fix car?

RICHARD155
11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Cook didn dominate the race , he started the preferred outside front row lane and there wasn't much passing going on except Davenport mainly ............JD passed Mcdowell once and the caution came out ..........they said a lap was not completed after the pass , so they put him back ........which was horsechit because they had run more than a lap ...........so JD had to work him again to pass while the track was taking on more rubber and eliminatin any passin that could be done without a screwup . Cook won by like 2 car lengths on a one lane racetrack at the end of the race ............so , dominated .......no . One helluva crowd on hand ........them people made a dam killin at $20 a head in the stands ........all in all a good nite with a sh#tload of cars and tolerable temps .

germanww2photos
11-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Read about 3 reports on this race, and did not see where the number of Supers were posted . I may have over looked it does anyone know how many supers were there? Thanks

30 supers were on hand

Dirt Frog
11-20-2011, 11:20 AM

30 slm!!!!

kd1
11-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Congrats to Ogle on winning the championship. :cool:

TPR30
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
The 201 wrecked on his first lap. He fixed the car then made his second lap.

castone
11-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks Guys for the reply, and glad you all had a great turn-out. Wished I could have been there!

Jed7
11-20-2011, 12:18 PM
In what class was ray losing a motor?

Egoracing
11-20-2011, 01:42 PM
In what class was ray losing a motor?

In the supers. First caution there was a little smoke when he let off. Second caution there was more smoke and it did it every time he cleared out the engine and on the last caution is was smoking out of the rear of the car all the way around the track. It was not a large amount of smoke but it was getting worse every time without a doubt.

J.L.
11-20-2011, 08:30 PM
The Southern Allstar rules plainly state that if you qualify out of order you would have to start in the rear of a B-Main...No Exceptions...... When officials were asked they more or less said they could do what they wanted to do.....

Tom Tom
11-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Rays car was doing the exact same thing last weekend at East Alabama. It smoked the same way it was last night.

statesboroblues
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
:confused:Sounds like to me William Thomas got screwed twice. Once by letting Ogle make another lap after hitting wall after all other cars had gone and again when Ogle didnt start at rear of heat races for not qualifing in order.

Returning to Dirt
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I didn't understand the ruling to let Ogle re-qualify. I haven't read the SAS rule book but I was surprised to see him come back out.

Had he been forced to start at the rear he would have never passed enough cars to get ahead of Thomas.

RacedudeGa
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I didn't understand the ruling to let Ogle re-qualify. I haven't read the SAS rule book but I was surprised to see him come back out.

Had he been forced to start at the rear he would have never passed enough cars to get ahead of Thomas.

that is the argument everyone is stating in this other thread:

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?237576-that-s-my-story.....-RAY-COOK-WINS-GOBBLER-23

Had they followed their rule book Ogle probably would have never made it up to the front.